Saturday, August 27, 2011

Irene

She is heading our way.
They are forecasting six to seven inches of rain
for our area.
We have tall trees.
High winds scare me just a bit.
Even in thunderstorms we usually 
lose several large branches.

So, tonight and tomorrow we will
hang on...

Not sure about church tomorrow
but we will progress as if it is on.
This means music practice
and we will make the bulletin.

If this were a blizzard I would 
be a bit more sure of what we should
do....but that is just because we are
in the Northeast and we are more
used to blizzards than hurricanes.

The list of things to do from my last post
has been reduced significantly.
I am so happy my friend, Melissa, 
is safely settled in her new home.
She had helped so many people over the 
years that we were all happy to give back
a bit.  Her move went very smoothly.

The new freezer is in.
Warren had it all set up and filled by the
time I got back from 
Melissa's on Thursday evening.
That was so nice!

We had the first fundraiser kick-off of the 
season last evening.
It was great to see old friends and meet 
new ones.  I think it is going to be a 
great year. 
This morning I opened my email to a 
request for a new fundraiser.
Yay!
I am going to be wonderfully busy!

I love to be busy.
I admit it!

6 comments:

Theresa said...

Stay safe my friend! Hope Irene calms down before she reaches you! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

We will pray that you don't lose any trees or that they at least don't fall on any of your family houses over there!

Tim has to work this weekend - in fact he already has been working for 4 1/2 hours! Only 7 1/2 more to go!

When will Mike make a decision about church? Our situation is unique because we have families that travel quite a distance.

Carol said...

Praying Irene won't be too hard on you. Gosh,this week you've had an earthquake and now a hurricane. Stay safe!

Smiles & Hugs,
Carol

Karen said...

Praying Irene will not cause you too much trouble-we lose a lot of limbs in storms too, and are always thankful when they stay away from the house.

Good for you on making such progress on your to-do list. Mine seems to keep growing, rather than shrinking. Maybe I should send some of mine to you?

Debby said...

ood luck, stay safe and I hope you have a generator for that just filled freezer. Prayers.

Anonymous said...

Yep, blizzards we can handle. Hurricanes...not so much! LOL I've been praying for your safety all weekend!