Saturday, January 1, 2011

Just Getting the Blog All Warm and Cozy

Changing things up just a bit.

Kind of like around the house...
Before the great sickness hit,
or maybe I should say as it was 
making its presence known,
I moved the vanity to the other side
of the room where it fits very nicely.

I have some adjustments to make before I 
show you pictures.  Just have not had the energy 
to get back to that project yet....

Thanks for your input.
I loved that there was a definite consensus that
the piece needs to be grounded to a wall.

There the poor thing was just floating in its
temporary spot.
Well, I can tell you that it is much, much 
happier now....
as am I.

As to news from our Mothers...
nothing new.
So, we will wait together on that.
I am sure they are busy and learning
so much about the mission before them.

Mikey seems to be on the mend 
so we are very optimistic for his ability to be 
ready to move out on Monday.

But let me ask you ...
Do you think cultured
Longwood Gardens is ready for this???


Thankfully, he is also like this:

and


The beautiful thing?
They already know him 
and 
accepted him anyway.

Who wouldn't???

We love you, Mikey!
Your whole family is so happy for
this opportunity and we know
that you will make the very most of it!
You have worked so hard already!!
You can definitely do this!!!
Just never give up.....
study hard,
and take the advice offered to you
by those in the know.

5 comments:

Vickie said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what you did with your vanity!

And Mikey is a great-looking young man, looks very personable and friendly and fun, and I know he's gonna do a great job at the Gardens! Congrats on doing a great job of raising him, Becky!

Anonymous said...

That first picture of Mikey still makes me think "Amish"! I'm glad that everyone is on the mend, especially Mikey as he begins his first day at Longwood Gardens!

Joyce said...

Hope you are all feeling better and good luck to Mikey on Monday. My son was here for Christmas and we were all sick with the other bug that is going around. Today is the first day I can even look at food:-) Hope the Moms enjoy their work..such a good cause. Stay warm my friend.
Joyce

Vee said...

What an exciting time for you all! As you say, they know him and love him...nothing gets better than that. All the best to each one of you as you adjust to the changes Mike's move will create.

Elena said...

I really like your new blog design. How exciting for your son. I know he will do well!