Monday, May 24, 2010

T.I.R.E.D.

And Grateful.

The Saturday after graduation was
big for Warren and the Boys.

For starters,
Jonathan, Uncle Allan and Aunt Bev
went fly fishing for a large part of
the day.

They caught fish.
Catch and release so I didn't
actually see these fish.
There were photos...but they
could have been doctored.
You know these fishermen and their
fish tales....
(Insert wicked smile here)

While the fishermen were off doing
their thing Mikey and Warren were
on a huge pile or rather many piles
of coal with dirtbikes and friends.

Jumping, trail riding, climbing.
All things that would stop my heart
were I to watch.

They came home very dirty but for the
most part unhurt. Warren did leave a
small amount of DNA out there from his
arm...but nothing major.

Doesn't stop the muscles from screaming
every time they move. I smile.
I didn't get sore reading on Saturday.
Nope! My quiet day didn't hurt a bit.

Truly, I have to be thankful for
their safety as someone in a different
group of riders was 
life flighted off the mountain
on Saturday.

I am so thankful they wear full gear
and are very careful...but understand
that this sport is dangerous.
By its very nature.

On to Sunday.
A full and busy day.

We enjoyed a wonderful time in Worship
and then a huge batch of us went to
lunch together at Sal's in Willow Street.
Sal's has a massive pizza for a decent
price. Makes it an easy choice for
young and old alike.

After this our house was filled with
conversation and laughter as it filled
with some of these friends until well
into the evening.

We are so blessed.

I say that a lot, don't I?

But, it is so true.

Friends, Family....God.

Still...leaves one Tired.
Cause I am so very human!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Andrea said...

I have an urgent prayer request at arise 2 write.
andrea

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Yesterday was a great day!

I caught the tale end of the Lost finale, now I am going to have to get caught up on hulu!

Vee said...

Are you sure you don't mean e.x.h.a.u.s.t.e.d.? Because after the busy week and weekend you've had, I would be. Yes, you are one grateful gal and that is a good thing to recognize how blessed we are. Hope that you get some more down time this week!

Anonymous said...

Summer Vacation?? Now you must relax!

Brittany Ann said...

Every time I'm worn down, I try to remind myself that it's a sign of my blessings. Thanks for the help in that! Glad you all had a joyous weekend!

Tracy said...

Living = Tired. That's a good thing!