Saturday, May 1, 2010

S.I.C.K. and The Grounds of Winterthur

I have had a head cold for more than
a week now.
That I could live with.

However, yesterday this cold decided
to conquer more ground. It has headed
for my throat and chest. Uggghhhh.

Jonathan and one of my friends have
both had this fun stuff and it
lasts for weeks.

I really don't know what this means for
church tomorrow. At this moment I am looking
for the very big truck that must have run
me over.

So, what am I going to share today?
More pretties, of course.
We don't need to focus on my
horrible cold. Although at this
point sympathy and kind words
will surely make me feel better.
LOL

We walked the grounds at Winterthur
enjoying the sun filtered through the
trees, playing on the green grass, the
ferns and the most fabulous stonework.

Enjoy Part II of Winterthur...
Walking from the Azalea Woods to
the Museum.













































Springtime green cannot be rivaled.
It is simply unique.

I look at these photos and know that
they are inadequate to translate the
peaceful and joyful feelings that come
with a gentle breeze on your face and a 360 degree view.
But, I hope that you enjoy what you see, nonetheless.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
I'll be coughing up a lung...or two...
Photobucket

14 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Sorry you are sick.

Your photos are so beautiful...

Anonymous said...

Your photos are gorgeous, Becky! I DO feel as if I'm walking through all this beauty with you.

Hope you feel better soon!!!

Phyllis said...

Feel better soon dear friend.

Carol said...

I hope you'll be feeling better soon!
Great pictures! I especially like the ferns, so green and lush.

Smiles,
Carol

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Just beautiful! I hope you feel better soon!

Hugs,

Manuela

~~Deby said...

oh these are beautiful pictures...and I too am sorry you have been run over by a truck....my sister got it...turned into Bronchitis....she was so weak..rest...rest...rest....hot tea...chicken soup...and maybe one or two Jane Austen movies....
and I will pray for you..
Deby

Gayla said...

Oh I'm so sorry you are sick. I think summer and spring colds are so miserable... Be careful and don't let it get to pneumonia!!! Comfort yourself and have a blessed Sunday either at home or in church... You are a treasure...

Elena said...

Dear Becky, I am so sorry you are sick. I hope you feel better soon! The pictures are beautiful! What a lovely and peaceful place.

JD/ Jill said...

Becky, Your photos are just lovely. Makes me wish I could get back there again... I hope you feel better...I think I know what you mean by ..(feel like you have been hit by a truck) I just got back from a lovely week in Virginia (yes, we finally got away)...but I started out my week there with a terrible cold, and had a hard time enjoying my time away in the beginning of the week. Fortunately, I felt better by my birthday...when I got to eat CHOCOLATE CAKE!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Becky,
Stunning pics!
I am so sorry to hear that you are ill. Wishing you have a speedy recovery!
Debbie

Barb said...

Becky, all the pictures are so, so lovely!!

Please take good care of yourself. I am sending out a prayer right now and will continue to do so.

Blessings to you,
Barb ♥

Jerri said...

Make sure this cold doesn't turn into pneumonia! Maybe you have a component of allergies too. Whatever the cause I am sure it's not pleasant. Pamper yourself......

Jerri

Brittany Ann said...

Hope that head cold heals really soon!

Vee said...

Oh I can certainly sympathize, my dear Becky. I had one of those colds that returned just as I was certain it was going. I highly recommend a product called Thieves. You can find it at any health food store. Do your research online, if you're interested. (Hope that you're on the mend now.)