Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Its a Pain in the Neck!

Chair Designed to Correct Deformities of the Spine Holding Neck and Body in Any Desired Position
Chair Designed to Correct Deformities of the Spine Holding Neck and Body in Any Desired Position


Well, I finally know what is
causing the nasty pain and swelling
in my neck.

An x-ray showed that three or four
vertebrae are sitting on top of
each other with no cushion between.

My neck is sitting on a bit of a
diagonal.

Lovely!

Now, I have a dilemma.

Do I continue to pursue the
chiropractic route only...

or should I consult with my
family doctor too?

What would you do?

The chiroprator makes me very
nervous...but it was the medical
doctors that failed my Dad with
his calcified neck.

Scary!

I really don't know what to do...
So, it is time for your input.

Photobucket

9 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Pray and try a new doctor and/or chiropractor.

sherry said...

Let's pray about you seeking out a new physician, Becky. <>< There's not much a chiropractor can do if there's not the necessary components in the disk area, unless they can miraculously make it grow which they can't. I'm not against chiros - just realistic as to what they can and can't do...safely.

One of my sisters had surgery this summer, removing two cervical disks and replacing with cadavaer (sp?!) disks. The surgeon added necessary additional 'padding'. She's doing *very* well.

love you,
jAne * tickleberry farm

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I agree with jAne. If there is no cartilage between your vertibrae then chiropractic work won't help....

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Oh, and I am not to sure about your doctor...with some of the other issues in the past...

Diane Shiffer said...

Oh you poor dear, back pain can be so excruciating... I can't even imagine what your neck must feel like. I'd say scout around for a new doctor, but I do know how stressful these things can be. I'll be praying for you dear♥

Tracy said...

Oh, my goodness, Becky... that must be so painful! I'm so sorry your hurting, and have a dilemma on your hands too. I'd try another, different doctor maybe, see what your family doctor might say or what to advise you now. This sounds like a very serious thing, so "shop around" for a doctor who will help. I do hope and pray all will be well, that you will be feeling better before long and find a good treatment. Keep us post... ((HUGS))

Samantha said...

Sorry you are in so much pain... That must really be a "pain in the neck" indeed!
I think you should pray about it while you start getting some recommendations from other people who have doctors that they trust and are happy with. With something like this, I think you have to be careful that someone doesn't do more harm than good. As you pray about it, I think you will have peace about whatever you decide to do.

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Look for a new Dr and pray like all the others said. It never hurts to see a few dr.'s as well! Second and third opinions are great!!

Anonymous said...

Aquatic therapy!