Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Good Morning...Christmas 2009

When my awesome friend,
Shelley, visited some time ago
we were walking through Hallmark.

I happened to mention how pretty
I thought this ornament was...



Before Shelley left for home she
gave it to me. Isn't that sweet?

I had NO idea she was buying it.
She said she was getting a gift
for Chelsea...she did that too.



It is hanging in our front window
just over Tidbit's favorite spot.



For a while I thought Tidbit was
special friends with the PSU Snowman...
but I have figured out her secret.

There is a string of lights that runs
directly by the back of the couch there.
I noticed the other day that they actually
get warm. My kitty is a heat seeking missile.
She loves warm laps, laptop computer keyboards
and, I guess, Christmas lights
if they warm her chilly little body.



Next to Tidbit and the Snowman sits Mikey's
Orchid. Chelsea did not place it there when
she decorated. In fact she had moved it across
the room. However, Mikey moved it back.
Now, it sits draped over this little Nativity.
Funny!
I don't care.
It makes me happy when Mikey shows his love
of horticulture and cares for the plants
around here. Good thing because while I
love plants, they don't really appreciate
me all that much!

Tomorrow I hope to share some of your comments
about favorite seasonal foods.
If you would like to participate, please
leave me a comment on that post.

We have an interesting and busy day ahead
as we continue our search for another dog,
enjoy a Christmas Musical and maybe see the
doctor for this cold that seems to have morphed
into an infection. Sigh....

Hugs!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Unknown said...

G'morn Becky ~ What a sweet gift of that gorgeous ornie. Love your nativity set, the simplicity of it is warming.

**new blog** ~ follow/read me here ~
blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com
Merry Christmas ~
Marydon

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

What did she get Chelsea? The ornament is so pretty!

Tidbit is very smart - and so is Mikey. The orchid needs warmth too!

Hope you get some meds for your infection - it didn't hinder your bowling yesterday I noticed!

See you tomorrow night!

Vee said...

Oh I hope that it hasn't, but actually, a little antibiotic might be just the thing to help knock that sickness off. You don't need it. Ahhh, so you've explained something I've wondered about...our cats are sleeping under the lights or beside them, too.

Your friend was very dear to pay attention to what you said about the ornament. It is simply beautiful and your friend is a sweetheart.

SmilingSally said...

What a nice friend, Becky. Merry, merry Christmas!

Elena said...

Your ornament and decorations are very pretty. I love the all white nativity set. Merry Christmas and I hope you are feeling better soon! Hugs, Elena