Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Celebration!

Remember the liver biopsy that happened
about six...maybe eight weeks ago?

Well, we never heard results from the
doctor and Warren's follow up appointment
had to be postponed due to an unexpected
trip to Sight and Sound's Branson sight.

We felt that if the results had been
urgent we would have received a call...
this was our frame of mind about it -
most of the time. Of course, there were
times when we were just content to not
know and hope for the best.

Today was the day.
We went into the office with our pulses
just a bit elevated...

The nurse practitioner gave us the good
news. No liver damage to speak of and
no cancer or cirrhosis!

Whew!

You realize at some point that you have
just exhaled worries that have been
tucked in the back of your brain for a
very long time.

So...tonight those of us who were available,
that was Warren, Jonathan, Georgia and Myself
went to a delightful restaurant to celebrate!

We had dinner at The Brasserie.




I love this place.
Warren and I had been here once
before but it was much smaller and
less impressive then.
Even so, I remembered it well.

Tonight I called ahead and was told
that we should ask for the Pittsburgh
Steelers Room. Well, since we are fans
of the Steelers,that sounded great to me!

Check it out!






There was some sort of need to
attempt to take the ball from
Ben Roethlisberger...




or was that
his burger we consumed?


While there were plenty of others in the restaurant,
we were blessed to have this room to ourselves.
I must say that I was very impressed with the
service and the tasty food served at The Brasserie.

I do hope that if you get to Lancaster County you will
check this place out.

You'll have the option of "fine dining" or
the more casual bar/lounge area.
This was the reason we ended up in the
"Pittsburgh Room". While I knew that
Georgia and I would likely have preferred
the "fine dining" section, I was pretty sure
that the guys would not. The sweet young lady
who took my call read the situation perfectly
and made a wonderful suggestion.

You can see their web site HERE.

By the way, we spoke with the
owner on the way out and expressed
our pleasure with the experience.
He has no idea that I intended to
blog about our evening but I suspect
he wouldn't mind. Since he was doing
everything right!

We are so grateful for Warren's wonderful
results. We never know how these things
will turn out but we do know the One who
does know these things. He has blessed us
greatly in this situation.

Have an outstanding day!

Photobucket

14 comments:

Abatevintage said...

Becky that is wonderful praise the Lord prayers were answered. Your family will have a wonderful holiday.

.•:*¨¨*:•.Blessings*¨2 U 4¨**¨¨*the holidays .•:*¨¨*:•.

-:¦:-H-:¦:-E-:¦:-I-:¦:-D-:¦:-I-:¦:-

Sandra said...

Thanks be to God! I know how you guys must have felt. Years ago, my husband had to have a liver biopsy as well and praise the Lord that everything came back normal.
I hope you have a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Sandra

Carol said...

I've been wondering about Warren's test results. I'm so happy to hear the good news! It's wonderful that you all got to celebrate.

Blessings,
Carol

Tracy said...

Such great news... And sometimes no news is good news! ;o) Hooray! ((HUGS))

detweilermom said...

That's wonderful news. glad to hear that everything is okay. Dave and I will have to check that restraunt out. We are always looking for new places to go. Glad to hear that you got all your fund raising candles done and off to their destinations.

Brittany Ann said...

Wonderful news! Praise God!

tea time and roses said...

Hello Dear Becky,

Oh my what good news, the kind of news that surely makes you smile.:o) Becky this is wonderful and most certainly something to celebrate!!:o) Enjoy a beautiful day my friend.

Smiles...

Beverly

Gayla said...

Wow... what great news. I'm glad you had a nice celebration. Hugs

Karen said...

Oh, Becky, how wonderful to hear this news!

I was wondering the other day if you had any answers yet but didn't get around to emailing to ask. (I almost had Julianne ask Chelsea but thought it might not be a good idea.)

Praise the Lord you have that worry off your minds. I'm so happy for you and the answer you got.

Anonymous said...

Okay our subs were good, but this place looks really cool. I shall be with you next time :)

Chelsea

Anonymous said...

PRaise God for this great news!!!

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Praise God! A definite time for celebrating!!

Elena said...

That is great news that your husband's test results turned out good! The restaurant looks and sounds like a good one!

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky,
Go Steelers!!! We are also fans. Happy to hear you had good news from the biopsy, now the worry is over. Have a great day, Terry