Sunday, May 11, 2008

Dottie Rambo - Beholding Jesus

Around 4 am this morning Dottie Rambo went to see
Jesus face to face.

There was a terrible bus accident in Missouri.
There are others who were hurt and are in a
Springfield Hospital.

Dottie has written over 2,500 songs which have
been published. Some have been sung by Dolly Parton
as well as many other notable singers.

Please enjoy this video of Dottie singing and signing
her song, We Shall Behold Him.


My sincerest condolences to the Rambo Family.


2 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I had not heard that Becky! I am sure she is rejoicing! I do know that for years she suffered with terrible back pain. But no more!

We have a children's tape of her's called "Down by the Creekbank." Our favorite song is "Germs", it is about an invisible dog!

My condolences as well.

Unknown said...

Hi Becky:

I am the Women's Leader at my church. We had our monthly dinner event last night and one of my friends delivered this news. Wow... She was the only fatality, so God must have really wanted her home. And, on Mother's Day no less. What a remarkable woman! It is difficult to fathom that she wrote so many wonderful songs!

As a singer, one of my all time favorite songs to sing is the Sandy Patti rendition of "We Shall Behold Him." I don't think that I've ever sung that song without observing the manifest power of God sweep over the audience! So many times, it has been difficult to finish the song.

What a legacy!

Hugs, KJ