Saturday, March 19, 2011

To God Be the Glory!!!


That was our opening hymn 
and the congregation sang it 
with gusto!

"To God be the Glory
Great things He has done!"


So, that was when the tears 
first tried to jump out of my eyes.
I just kept thinking,
"This is it.  No more concerts!"


Well, that is true and I think it is time.
But, I could not have asked for a better
one to leave with.

As usual, everyone stepped up and 
gave it their very best!

The only picture I took there was
this one of the empty stage
before anyone else arrived.


It was so quiet at this moment
and I prayed for the concert to come.

Prayer Answered in the affirmative.


The songs were sung wholeheartedly and
the combination choir pieces were simply
beautiful.  The Dad I asked to speak just
before the last two pieces did just as I hoped
he would in offering a simple invitation to 
those who were not yet a part of the 
Family of God.  He happens to be a 
Pastor so I figured he would probably 
get that right....lol.

A funny thing happened at the very end.
After the last song was sung I told the kids
to stay there and I sat down on the front pew
I was filled with so many 
feelings but mostly happiness 
for the work the
students had done.  
Tears started flowing just
as Deanna (Mrs. Rabe) reached for tissues for
herself.  She grabbed an extra for me.

At that moment the earlier referenced Pastor/Dad
said that they were going to honor us...so now 
everyone was watching.  What we didn't realize 
was that we removed our glasses, wiped our eyes
and replaced our glasses at exactly the same time.
Warren said it was really funny...as did others.

We were so very touched by the outpouring of 
love and appreciation represented in a huge bouquet
of flowers for each of us as well as some lovely 
gift cards!  


But, even that paled in significance as
the students came up and said "Thank You" and 
other very nice things.  One little guy asked for my 
phone number so that he could call me.  I have informed
my husband that if Young Mister......calls it is legit and I want
to speak with him.


God was very, very good to us
last evening.
The message of salvation could not
have been clearer.
The PowerPoint was a hit.
The students gave it their all.
Deanna and I felt the LOVE.
Ahhh....
on to the next thing God has for us.


It is kind of nice that Deanna and I "work"
together in our church...
because we make a good team.
That doesn't have to stop just because
the Co-op phase of our lives is done.


I've included photos of the flowers 
received last night.
Three bouquets all together.
Yikes!!!!!

Oh, and you know how I love
Peanut M&M's???
I've got my own...
in an Easter Egg.
A gift from a student.
They are mine....
All mine!!!
 

12 comments:

Vee said...

Wonderful! I'm not in the least surprised that the evening was a blessing for everyone involved. Your pride in the students is obvious and their love for you is as well.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I didn't get any peanut M&M's! hee hee

It was a precious night and I am so thankful!

Barbara said...

Amen it sounds like a lovely evening, hope your weekend is very blessed, I have enjoyed reading over your blog, be blessed, Barbara from
http://bakinnbitsbarbara.blogspot.com/

Theresa said...

What a wonderful evening, good tears:) Sounds like they appreciated your hard work AND the flowers you received are gorgeous! Thanks is a good gift to recieve! Have a blessed day dear Becky! HUGS!

JD/ Jill said...

Sounds like a wonderful presentation and a great evening. Your flowers are lovely...and speaking about flowers. I went to a YWCA fund raiser last night with my daughter and she won LONGWOOD tickets at the silent auction. So I may finally get to LONGWOOD AGain. YEA!!!!!!

Lisa Pogue said...

Sounds like a great evening. The flowers are beautiful. But, my favorite picture? The one of the empty stage...it can be interpreted so many ways..anticipation of what's about to take place or sadness that it's over.

Carol said...

Sounds like a wonderful concert! You will have such great memories of the evening.

Smiles,
Carol

Deanna said...

It does sound like it was a very wonderful evening. The flowers are so dreamy and it was cute that you and Mrs. Rabe put your glasses on at the same time!

Glad you got to eat some peanut butter M&M's!! I see that Mrs. Rabe didn't get any so maybe you can share some of yours...lol!

Deanna :D

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that the concert went well. The flowers are beautiful!

Susy said...

Well done faithful servant. Well done.

Elena said...

That is wonderful! I am so glad that all went well and everyone was so blessed.

Gayla said...

This was a good night. O a, sp glad for you all!