Monday, February 14, 2011

Unexpected Floral Combination

Mrs. Rabe of Creekside Cottage
and her children
joined Chelsea, Jonathan and I at 
Longwood Gardens this afternoon 
for a quick look through the Conservatory.

I'll share more of the photos in the days
 to come but for now I wanted to 
show you the 
orchid/hydrangea
display.







I never, in a million years, 
would have thought to put these 
flowers together...
But the shades of burgundy and pink
worked amazingly well.

It struck me in the same
way a special piece of art 
would.
I was fascinated.

What do you think?

9 comments:

Mary said...

So pretty....it made a beautiful Valentine post....

Mrs.Rabe said...

T'was a lovely afternoon!

We kinda like you all...

Gayla said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!

JD said...

Yes, the combination is so lovely. And YES, it makes me want to go back to Longwood even more.

Tracy said...

Beautiful! AS I told Mrs. Rabe, I love orchids, but can't seem to keep them alive, even with very tender care.
Hydrangeas? Now that's another story! I think if I were getting married again( to the same man, of course!) I might carry hydrangeas. They are gorgeous!

Adrienne said...

What a special treat on Valentine's Day. Or any other day! I loved seeing the gorgeous flowers - all of them, but I'm partial to hydrangeas.
~Adrienne~

Theresa said...

Gorgeous flowers! Love the colors and although we wouldn't put those together... they are SO pretty! Sometimes it is good to try something different! Have a blessed day my friend! HUGS!

Elena said...

A very pretty combo! I just love those orchids.

Melissa G. said...

At the beginning of your post i thought "wow, that's beautiful. I would never have thought to put those two together!" And then you said the same thing! =)