Sunday, February 20, 2011

Communion

We celebrate The Lord's Supper 
on the third Sunday of each month.

It is a special time as we remember
the price paid for our salvation.

Today's bulletin cover says:

Is not the
cup
of thanksgiving
for which
we give thanks
a participation
 in the blood
of Christ?
And is not
the bread
that we break
a participation
in the body
 of Christ?
1 Corinthians 10:16

Pastor Mike once preached a sermon
that used a mental image that 
stuck with me.
 
That of hiding in Christ's robe.
The truth that in our own selves
we would never pass the judgement.
But because of Christ's death and resurrection
we can hide in Him and pass by
because, and only because of,
His spotless record.

His garment of white.

I am hiding in Him today!
Tucked securely into the folds of
His Robe.
There is no better place to be.

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Enjoy your day my friend... Joy, Praise and Thanksgiving! HUGS!

Gayla said...

Oh, me too! That is a comforting thought!

Vee said...

Oh so very true. I am hiding in Him, too. Nothing less will do and anything more I am incapable of. Have a great Sunday!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Good analogy!

Btw - the font for this verse is different on my computer than the bulletin.

Missed you tonight.

Simple Home said...

What a great mental picture! I will remember this one. Thanks so much for sharing it :-)
Blessings,
Marcia