Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Presenting the Peru Story


Friday evening Mom, Georgia and Louisa
shared about their trip to Peru.
It was a casual evening which could
just as easily have happened in a home
but we needed more space than could
be found in anyone's living room.

 Georgia liked what I had shared here with that 
picture so opened her presentation with it.
Who says bloggers don't have impact?
lol
 Everyone was watching and listening intently.
Of course...some wondered why I turned around to take
their pictures. 
These little guys had to work to see around the 
big people in front of them....

 Even little Molly was into it!

 Each of the ladies had a main story that had 
impacted them deeply over the course of the trip.
I will share two of the stories in later posts.
They are very interesting.

Louisa was born and raised in Peru.
Her parents hosted the Mission Team while
they were in Lima.
What a very lovely family!!!
Louisa shared a precious story.
One that I am anxious to pass along.
Keep watching for it.....

Hope you have a lovely day.
I'll be taking it easy.
I did not feel well at all yesterday
and slept a lot!
We'll see how today shapes up.

9 comments:

Tracy said...

Sounds like a fun evening. I can't wait to hear the stories that impacted these ladies.

I hope you feel better today!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

It was a good evening...

I hope you are feeling better today!

Tracy said...

I can't wait to hear the stories.

Vee said...

Oh I'm glad that they've had an opportunity to share the stories and that they'll have even more opportunities for sharing. I'm just really glad to see them both home!

Anonymous said...

Our physician is from Peru. He is dedicated to taking a medical mission there several times a year. He shares these trips with us, when we have our check ups. We are so glad he does.

Anonymous said...

The Peru story sounds interesting. Your photographs captured the avid attention quite well. I look forward to reading some of the stories that you will share with us.

Vickie said...

I think I told you that we have missionaries in Peru, also. I love to hear about their experiences down there and about the effect they have on not only the locals, but upon themselves. I know this was a special evening, and I'm glad your mom is back home safe and sound!

Gayla said...

Sounds wonderful

Simple Home said...

I just read this story and was so touched, then I read it to my husband and he was too. My oldest son came in, and he read it too. He just kept saying "Wow"! He's the one that works as a youth pastor, so I wouldn't be surprised if this wonderful story becomes a lesson he'll use one day :-)
Thanks so much for sharing!
Blessings,
Marcia