Saturday, April 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!


If my Dad had lived until
today, he would be celebrating
his 62nd Birthday.

He was just 19 when I was born.
Can you imagine?

His mother is continuing to
struggle with her health and
has asked for your prayers.

Dialysis has been recommended.
Three times a week.

So, I say Happy Birthday to my
Daddy, who can now eat all the
cake he wants...no diabetes in
Heaven...

And I am thinking about you,
Grandma. Much love directed
your way!

The photo you see above,
of the original four of us,
was taken in 2003...
at a very fun family
reunion in South Carolina.

♥♥Becky K.♥♥

6 comments:

Vee said...

It must give you much comfort to know that your father is safely home and having the time of his life.

Awww, sweet grandmother requesting prayers. Remembering her even now...

Carol said...

My daddy died when he was 62, 21 years ago. It seems the older I get the more I miss both my parents who are in heaven. I wish they were here to met our grandson Ethan.

Have a wonderful weekend, Becky!

Blessings & Hugs,
Carol

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Happy Birthday to your Daddy.

May your day be filled with happy memories and joy!

Gayla said...

When I saw the title of your blog and was getting ready to click it, I was thinking... Happy Birthday here? or Happy Birthday in Heaven....? I miss my dad every day and isn't it special to be able to honor your loved ones on our blogs... You have him in your heart. Sweet prayers for your grandmother, too. Hugs!

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Aw, happy birthday to your dad. Sweet post!

BTW...I LOVE your new blog look!!!

sherry said...

Sweet memories of a precious Daddy. :o) I'm lifting your grandmother up in prayer <><

jAne
http://tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com