Twenty years ago today I was
waking up and scared silly.
I wondered what I was thinking
to commit myself to a man that
I "hardly knew".
We had dated for about six months.
He was mature and responsible.
His family was welcoming and fun.
It was Mom's Birthday...couldn't
mess that up...by canceling at that point.
The guests were invited and the
families were in town..
So...we got married.
Daddy married us.
Today, twenty years later I wanted to make
a list of twenty reasons it was a great
idea to marry this man.
1. Warren is a man of God.
2. He takes that relationship
3. He is a family man.
4. Warren is a hard worker.
5. He is very loyal.
6. Warren keeps his word.
7. He spends time with the kids.
8. Warren cares for our Moms as they "adjust" to
life without the Dads.
9. He is handy with tools...remodeling many homes over the years.
This photo comes from getting the church ready. Don't let him fool you...
he loves it when he moves a ceiling tile and all of that "Stuff" comes down on
10. Warren is my very best friend.
11. He can be trusted with any secret.
12. Warren knows I would rather have
Peanut M&M's over flowers any day of the week!
13. He is humble.
14. Warren is a leader in the church.
15. He does this quietly.
16. Warren works diligently at his job.
17. He cares very much about doing that well.
18. Warren puts up with me when I bring home a rescue animal and then he falls in love with it too.
19. He likes to do the same things I do...go out to eat and spend time with friends and family.
20. Warren is my rock and has stood by me through years of chronic pain.
I love him to pieces!!!!!
Happy Anniversary, honey!
20 years...We are nearly OLD!!!!
Isn't it funny how your perspective
changes as the years go by.
This morning before Warren left for
work we were saying that we used to think
that a 25th anniversary marked a couple as
old. Nah...they are just getting started by
then! Perspective...a funny thing.
This list just lightly scratches the surface of our
life together and the reasons I am glad God gave Warren
to me. I can't imagine it any other way.