Friday, March 20, 2009

Chatting With Friends


Do you ever just feel so happy and excited
that you just want to chat away with your
bestest friends.

Well, I am feeling a bit that way this morning.
I did the post to link up at The Inspired Room
but there was so much more that I just felt like
sharing that I decided to do a second post this
morning for girl chat.

Nothing important, so if you don't have time
to chat, I understand.

For example...
Yesterday was our last day of Homeschool Co-op.
I recieved such special gifts of thanks and love.
One student gave me a tootsie roll.
It blessed my heart.
From Others... cards with packets of seeds.
Cannot wait to plant those!
We had so much fun in our music class
playing a game of Jeopardy.
Finding a way for all forty-five children
to participate in a 45 minute period was
tricky. But it worked out. I made some judges
to determine whose hand was up first. A question
reader and nine or ten contestants for each round.
The first person to get 3 right was the winner for
the round and then we started over. So, we did get
to let everyone participate at least once and then
had a playoff of the winners from each round.
I was exhausted!!!!

One of the helper moms in this class gave me the
gorgeous bird picture and card you see here...



Aren't they just too sweet?
I am so blessed!

Last week I received a bunch of inventory from
a store that was carrying our candles. The storefront
is gone now and the business has gone to a work at home
gift basket store.

So...in this inventory was the teapot you see in the photos above.

It is filled with soy that is rose scented.

I now remember making this but honestly had forgotten
about it. The sneaky thing was that both Beverly and
I loved it so much that we made the price the upper amount
that we thought anyone might pay
and then hoped it wouldn't sell.
It didn't.
It came home!
Love it!
Confession time right here
with my bloggy friends.

The other thing that has
me so chatty today is our
plan for this evening.
We are going to church for
a family activity night.
Tonight's activity is a
choice between rocket building
or handwork.
I am going to take my scrapbooking
and get a few pages done.
Yay!!!!
I am so terribly slow
at scrapbooking that I
drive my consultant
totally crazy.

For me it is more
about art...for her...documentation.
Love making her crazy.
It is just fun.

I could only admit that among friends, right?

Well, she won't be there.
But, I will be smiling
to myself as I take my precious time
and make lovely pages.
Jan, if you are reading this...
I love you.
You inspire me!

I am working in a book
whose pages are black.
It is so very fun to see
the colors pop on these pages.

Oh, well, I have to get on with my day.
This has been
so much fun.
Thanks for reading
and for making me feel
like there are so many
friends out there in cyberspace!

You bless me!

♥♥Becky K.♥♥

7 comments:

Vee said...

And you bless me, too! Isn't it interesting how two people look at the same thing and see it two different ways. That's going to be the topic of my Sunday post, I am thinking. Enjoy your wonderful evening! Oh, great trick about getting to keep the teapot that you loved. Ha!

Diane Shiffer said...

that bird picture is just so adorable... sigh...

and i had to smile about the candle♥ God is so good isn;t He?

Barb said...

Becky, such a dear and sweet post. What a gentle and loving spirit you have!

I feel blessed by YOU!

Barb

JD/ Jill said...

Becky, another great post...and enjoy yourself tonight doing your scrapbooking ---->from Jill, who is also a slow scrapbooker! LOL, but it's still fun to do...

count it all joy said...

I love that you're tormenting your scrapbooking consultant - what fun! I'm hopeless at scrapbooking, which is why I started a blog instead. Would love to see your black pages, I will admire them enormously, no matter how long they took! Your activity night at the church sounds fun, hope you have a great weekend.

kari and kijsa said...

Love this! We just wanted to say Thank you!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Jan Kamp said...

Becky, I promise not to go crazy if you come to scrapbook with me next Friday for National Scrapbook Day... But I don't promise not to show you some quick easy tools for doing it :o)