Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Creatively Flat-lined!

You know it will happen...
but you just don't quite believe it.

Two weeks of adrenaline and photo
opportunities like crazy, uninterrupted
fun times with family and a change of
scenery.

Returning home to a snowstorm, homeschool,
a house that doesn't come with maids, and
several of us with colds...again!

Takes the creative juices and hides them
somewhere...I'm looking!

I have seen some great photographic shots...
didn't have the camera.
But if you want to picture it in your mind...
Canadian Geese bedded down in the snow at
sundown...they were lovely!
Or...the sunset over the valley as we topped
one of my favorite hills on a road frequently
traveled last summer while taking the kids
to and from work.

We spent some fun time with the Moms last night
at dinner...no camera.
This is the time of the year that local restaurants
offer specials for the locals. We enjoyed a
wonderful meal at Good and Plenty...which is not
to be confused with Plain and Fancy just a few
miles away.
Funny, we always confuse them.

The meals at these restaurants are served family
style. Last night's menu was chow-chow, cole slaw,
roast beef, ham, fried chicken, mashed potatoes,
buttered noodles, homemade bread,
shoo-fly pie, cherry pie, jello with fruit, coconut pudding,
and homemade chocolate or vanilla ice cream.

Of course it was not possible to sample each and every item
offered...but the things I had were absolutely wonderful.

We were seated at a table with two couples from the Eastern
part of our County. One couple had the most adorable
baby daughter. She was very well behaved and you could see
the pride in the parents' eyes.
It was a lovely time.

The evening gave us a fun opportunity to talk with our Moms
about our trips. Since we had all gone to different parts
of Florida over the past month. Some of our locations had
overlapped but in general it was interesting to see how three
different trips to the same state can look so diverse.

So...while I am a bit under the weather and creatively in
recovery I hope you are inspired and full of great ideas.

Blessings on your day!

♥♥Becky K.♥♥

6 comments:

Diane Shiffer said...

i'd say that's a pretty good post for someone who's "a bit under the weather and creatively in
recovery," especially without any pictures to fall back on;)

have a wonderful day and feel better soon((hugs))

Vee said...

Hi Becky,

You write so well that I could easily imagine it without photos.

Just wanted you to know that I have added your delightful blog to my blogroll and that I'm sorry for not asking permission as I used to do. I've given up being polite! :D

Feel better soon and now I'm off to see this vacation of yours...

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Becky...love your music...I never seem to even have my camera with me when I should....I am getting used to it...LOL

Have a great day!

JD/ Jill said...

Becky, I'm in a creative slump right now, so you are not alone! But as someone else said, your post doesn't seem like you are in one...still very creative. I've been to the restaurants you mentioned in this post...food was wonderful! It's been many years since we have been there...maybe this year...one can hope!

Barb said...

Becky, this happens to everyone at one time or another.

I would say....your post still looks great to me!!

Barb

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

Hi Becky, I like your new beachy heading. Thanks for stopping by and looking at the Northern Lights. We love Cherry Springs State Park. Many folks, especially kids, have never seen a real star filled sky. Oh, the majesty of the Lord!