Thursday, September 4, 2008

Just Chatter...

First, Governor Sarah Palin did IT!
She gave the speech of a lifetime.

I guess that this means the attacks
will get harsher, if there is anything
to attack her on. She certainly did
not play the "victim".

Seeing her entire family with
Senator John McCain
was downright cool!

Little Trig is an adorable little
boy. I was glad he was awake on
stage but wondered if he would be
scared with all of the noise and
people. He did not seem to be.
Precious little guy!

On other subjects...
school has begun and I went to the
Library yesterday. After searching
for a little while I was able to find
exactly what I was looking for.
This almost never happens.
So I am pleased.

It is such a blessing to have a
comfortable, clean and well stocked
library five minutes from the house.

That doesn't keep me from making regular
"donations" (fines) on late returns, however.

As long as I think of them as donations
I don't mind. We use so much of their
material for school and homeschool co-op.


My Mom and Warren's Mom have begun their
adventure in the West. The first leg of
their trip began yesterday with a flight
to Dallas and then on to Phoenix where they
rented a hybrid car. After a long time they
figured out how to make it "go". Oh, to have
been a fly on the ceiling of that car. They
were tired and it must have been hysterical.

It will be interesting to hear about their
trip and to see the pictures when they get
back. They are just two crazy women taking
in the scenery...riding horses, taking jeep
rides, riding burros down into the canyon,
taking a coal train for a beautiful journey,
climbing Mesa Verde...and so much more.
Crazy women!

We are stuck with the animals!

Not so bad...but the trip would be more fun!

I am very, very glad they are getting to do this.

Well, speaking of the animals. It is time to
walk the dogs.

Blessings on your day!

Becky K.

4 comments:

sherry said...

Sarah Palin hit it out of the ballpark, didn't she?! Wow.

There are *so* many quotes worthy of remembering/sharing, but a humorous one is the following:

Know what the difference is between a pit bull and a hocky mom?...........Lipstick. hehe.

Piper, licking her palm then smoothing Trigs hair was so cute.

Palin stood up as the strong woman God designed her to be...perhaps for such a time as this. While listening to her speech I thought of Margaret Thatcher and Golda Meir. Then this morning on a political website I saw a number of articles describing Palin as America's Margaret Thatcher. :o)

Bless you.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I am happy your Moms are taking this amazing trip.

I loved Sarah Palin's speech last night. She was terrific!

Lady Jane, my girls and I laughed so hard when sweet Piper licked her palm then flattened her baby brother's hair!

One of my favorite quotes was "Senator Obama has found the time to author two memoirs, but has never authored on piece of legislation, or policy even in the state senate." That was awesome and point well made!

She was able to make her points with humor and irony and not mean spiritedness, which is way more effective!

Have a great day Becky!

Terri Steffes said...

Yep, I would say Sarah sure put a lot of people in their place without saying a word negative. She was poised and sophisicated.

Love her kids, and their names, and just their life all together!

BittersweetPunkin said...

Wow...I am impressed...sadly I could never get my Mom and MIL to ever do anything like a road trip...it's very sad that they don't even speak. My MIL doesn't extend herself to those she feels are "beneath" her...through her I have learned how NOT to act when I become someone's MIL. I have been married for almost 16 years and it's been that way since day one!

I'm excited about McCain and Palin too!
Hugs,
robin