Thursday, October 22, 2009
Ten Things You May Not Know...
It happened again!
Katie at Hummingbird Chats
has honored me with the
Honest Scrap Award.
Thank You, Katie!
It was fun to read your answers!
What caught my attention
about this award is that part
of the acceptance "speech" is
to try to come up with ten
things you may not know about
me. After two years of blogging
I have to wonder if there are
ten things left that I haven't
Well, I am game to try...
obviously some of you will
know these things.
1. I am terrified of spiders. A preacher once
used a story of a deadly spider to make a point
and it terrified me...I hate the things!
2. I have killed a snake. My brother and I were
playing when we were kids and it appeared.
A hoe was handy...shudder.
3. I have lived in three states.
New York, Nebraska and Pennsylvania.
4. Most of my emergency trips to the doctor are
related to a rescue animal. I either end up bitten
or with some other malady thanks to the little critters.
5. I have always wanted to do every job possible,
just for a while, to see what they are like.
6. I love to learn. The status quo bores me.
7. I am very insecure at times. Sometimes I feel like
a teenager all over again when it comes to what I think
people are thinking about me. Uggghhhh.
8. My biggest fear these days is that our Mikey
would get seriously hurt or killed on his motorcycles.
Trying daily to remember that God is totally in control
and that nothing can happen to us but that God allows it and
will give us the strength to get through it.
9. It is still, after four years, so fun to make candles.
It was incredibly difficult to limit the Fall/Christmas Fundraiser
choices to just 8 fragrances.
Horrible to choose!
I love so many of them!
10. One day I would love to travel all over this country,
with my dear husband, Warren, poking around historical sites
and meeting lots of interesting people.
He is a great travel companion!
Now, you know me well enough to know that I am not going
to follow the instructions and choose seven people to pass
this on to. But, it is fun to think of little known facts
so if you are game for that...I pass this award to YOU!