Friday, October 22, 2010

So Blessed!


Chelsea's new job is over in one 
of the nearby tourist towns.
It is about a half an hour from 
our home.  
But, even as I know that 
there will be days
when this commute is not desirable,
I find myself looking
forward to it today 
with great anticipation.

You see, a few years back
Chelsea and Jonathan worked
at a Corn Maze in that direction.  
I came to love the drive.

There are winding roads 
with trees that lean and make 
the road all cozy.
Sheep that graze as I pass
....all fluffy and wooly.
I don't care if 
they are stupid animals, 
I love to see a pasture full 
of these adorable creatures.
The leaves are changing 
and the views are
so very lovely. 
I will come to the crest of a 
hill and look out over the valley.
I will be reminded of the many people
who inhabit the homes dotted all over 
the countryside.  
Some plain folk and 
others English.
That is what the 
non-Amish are called
in these parts.

I will pass One Room Schoolhouses with 
scooters lined up ever so neatly and on a 
good day there will be energetic Amish 
children playing a game of baseball 
in the yard.

More likely than not 
I will have to carefully
pass a buggy.  
Waving at the occupants as 
I pass.  
They nearly always have 
a wave and a smile 
to share.  

Oh, I love this drive.....
I am so blessed that this is the path
in which I get to travel on the days that 
Chelsea works.

I do hope you are finding joy in the 
regular things of your day.
The beauty of His creation....
time spent alone with Him.

14 comments:

Tracy said...

amish country sure is beautiful

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Oh, yes. I took photos today of my drive around because I love it so!

Simple Home said...

I'm thrilled for you and Chelsea although just a bit envious, I must admit. Your view is amazing!
Blessings,
Marcia

Diane Shiffer said...

Well, I don't blame you for enjoying that drive. I would too! We have Amish folk around here too... not as many as you all do of course, but we still have the pleasure of seeing carriages from time to time.

Susy said...

A beautiful post Becky. It reminded me of the saying,
"I followed the path of the Lord and it led me to you".
No telling where our ordinary paths will lead us. Blessings.

LV said...

I find joy in visiting your blog and being able to get out of bed each day. Some days I am slower than others, but still making it. I love anything about the Amish families.

Karen said...

The year I got pregnant for Julianne, I got a promotion that moved me to a different office. I hated the job but had the most restful, beautiful, enjoyable commute each day-so I completely get what you are saying. Isn't it just like God to make something that could become a frustration into something we can anticipate with pleasure? I love that.

PS-Tell Chelsea I said Congrats on the new job!

Unknown said...

G'eve Becky ~ I hope Chelsea enjoys her job. I know these roads you will travel through this breathtaking countryside ... how peaceful & scenic the drive. I envy you this week with the leaves in full regalia ...

Happy PS weekend ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Anonymous said...

Your photograph is lovely. It isn't unusual where I live to see Amish buggies and homesteads. Good luck to Chelsea in her new job!

SmilingSally said...

You've discovered one of the secrets to happiness, Becky. It's appreciating the little joys of life.

Betty said...

What a beautiful area Becky! You really are lucky! I once visited Pennsylvania in the fall and was in awe of how gorgeous it was.

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Love this area of the world so much! My daughter is actually making apple butter today. I think it is time for me to come down again...my parents live in Reading!
♥, Susan

JD/ Jill said...

What a beautiful ride to have. Our area anymore is nothing but Traffic!!! Oh so love to visit the Lancaster area, but we just don't seem to find the time to get up there anymore. One of these days I guess we have to make the time...and Becky, some day I hope you find the time to go through Michael's again, and buy some card making supplies...Trust me, it's fun, and RELAXING...Hugs, Jill
And thank you for the nice comments on my blog...

Elena said...

I love the photo of the Amish carriages. It reminds me of my cousins and relatives in the mid-west that are Amish. The roads also remind of the roads aroun here:)