Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Old Friends

I heard from an old friend today.
Shelley is one of those people that you can not talk to for months
or even years
and when you pick up the phone
and hear her voice you just
pick up where you left off.
When we lived in Centre County,
Shelley and her family lived next door.
Our children were young so many
days we would just talk on the phone
instead of getting together.
It was fun to talk as we did our housework,
every once in a while waving through the windows,
as we both happened to pass by one at the same time.
Shelley was there for me so many times.
I remember being on bed rest for months
while expecting Chelsea and Shelley
taking my toddler boys into her home
every day from the time my dear husband
left for work until my mother would
get off work at 3pm to take over.
She did this without complaining.
And then there was the time
that Shelley fell through our ceiling.
She was helping me look for a birth
certificate in our attic.
We laughed so hard but
her leg and hip were bruised
for the longest time.
There are so many stories I could share...
Friends like this are lifetime friends.
I never want to lose touch with
Shelley and thank God for her.
She is struggling with serious back pain right
now and could use our thoughts and prayers.
Thanks, Shelley, for always being there!
You are the best!

2 comments:

morninglorycottage said...

Hi Becky,
Thanks for stopping by the blog the other day and leaving a comment. We get such a kick out of it. I see you're new to blogging also. I also noticed you homeschool too. How neat! How long have you homeschooled? We've just started our 10th year. I loved seeing and reading about your Virginia trip. We used to live about 10 minutes away from Williamsburg in Denbigh. We really enjoyed our time in Virginia. I can't count the times we've visited Williamsburg. It's such a great place. Loved looking around your blog.
Amanda

Becky K. said...

Hi Amanda,
We are in our 9th year of homeschooling. It is a new adventure each year.
We have been to Williamsburg many times but I enjoy it every time...the boys are a little weary of it.
Thanks for stopping by my new blog. I am learning how it all works.
Redecorating is fun. I love to do projects on those rare occasions that my husband is out of town and challenge myself to complete it before he gets back. :-)
Becky