Saturday, April 16, 2011

Good Morning, George, How Are You???

O.k. for those who didn't recognize
the title of this post....
it is from Veggietales...
you know,
the place that taught our children 
that David was an asparagus and 
Goliath a giant pickle!

Creative!
I think we parents enjoyed the humor
tucked into these productions
as much as the kids.

Anyway, that is a whole different subject.
One for a different day.
But the songs...
they are implanted in my head.

Anyway, you know what they say 
about best laid plans.
As you can imagine things did not 
go exactly as they were supposed to 
yesterday.
Roxanne was released from the hospital.
Not because she is better but because at this
point, due to complications, they had to go 
with an alternative treatment.
That's all I'll say.
I don't want to invade her privacy.
Just keep praying for her.

But, Chelsea and I went in the afternoon to pick her
up to take her home and things were not
smooth sailing.
Finally, hours later we got her home.
I gathered up Mister for the weekend.
He is too much for her under the circumstances.
He threw up twice in the car.
We got home in time to inhale the two pizzas
that Roxanne had purchased for our dinner 
and ran off to church for a fellowship night.

Several people are working on a video of 
Paul's missionary journeys and last 
night's time was designated for that.
If you could see the excitement of the
young people as they make story boards and 
plan the shooting of this video....
it would just bless your heart.

Apparently we will be shooting
the movie near the Susquehanna
River and I will be an extra....
a face in the crowd.
Fun!

I returned home to some sad news.
My brother, Allan, and sister-in-law, Bev,
were headed to Ohio where her mother 
has had a very bad stroke.
We are waiting for news.
Please pray for all of them.
It breaks my heart.

Shelley arrives this morning
and before she gets here I need 
to get Mikey's taxes done.
He is the last one.
Yay!

I help both of the Moms with theirs, 
then do ours and now Mikey's.
I have to read the rules to see if I have 
to file for Chelsea.
She got a W-2 this year.
Come on, kids!
You are making my life more complicated.
Can't we just go back to the good old 
days where you just followed me around
hoping to be entertained and get a snack???

Anyhoo!
This stuff just has to be done.

Now all I want to do is watch 
Veggietales and sing the songs
at the top of my lungs.

And wouldn't you know
Shelley is a daycare teacher and 
probably wants to be as far away as 
possible from things such as this....

But just for fun...

Oh Where is my hairbrush?????????

Singing as I go.....

7 comments:

PJ @ Planned in Pencil said...

I gave it to the peach, cause he's got hair!

Keeping your friends and family in my prayers.

Love you!

Carol said...

God bless you during your busy day!

Smiles,
Carol

Anonymous said...

Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers, Becky.
Hugs,
Zuzu

Phyllis said...

I was singing the hairbrush song yesterday and making Rachel laugh. Love veggie tales!!

Unknown said...

You are too cute, Becky! I can hear you clean down here ... chuckle.

Have a beautiful weekend ~
TTFN ~
Hugs, Marydon

Vee said...

You are a good mama. I could never "get into" Veggie Tales. They came out when my children were really too old for them and I was kinda grateful. Now with the grands, I've had another experience with Veggie Tales as I bought them the Easter one. I find myself singing ♪"When I think about Easter, I think about God's love."♫ So even I was snagged in the end.

There's a lot to read between the lines here with your friend. I'm praying for her. It's not easy.

Praying for your brother and his wife and her mom. Very difficult news, though the Lord is never taken by surprise and we can depend upon Him. This I know to be true.

Have a beautiful Palm Sunday!

Elena said...

We just love Veggie Tales too. I think we have all the songs and stories memorized:) I'm so glad our tax stuff is done. God bless you in your visit with you friend and in all you busy days!