Sunday, August 1, 2010

One Dollar Snowman


How in the world could I have
left this sweet snowman on the
cold store shelf?
No, that wasn't happening!
At just one dollar, he was
destined to come and live
with me during the last
week in July 2010.

Just looking at his little snowy 
self makes these hot summer days 
seem a little bit cooler.

So, join me in checking out all of the
cool mosaics that Mary has in her
Vee has a very sweet one....HERE


Crazy Mountain sure does make them
cute! Even the ones who's noses
have fallen off...like this little
guy.  In one of our Outlet Malls I like
to visit a store which sells the dents and damages 
from their larger retail store.  
Items are just a fraction of the
original price.
Sometimes what is broken, scratched or dented
detracts from the value 
in a way that makes it of no value to me.
However, I have found some great
items at absolutely unbelievable prices.
In any case it is always fun to look.

Check out the BLUE scarf and hat.
He practically screamed

Hi Sally!
Thanks for hosting!

You know, 
Rhoda has a party, as well.
I think I will link in there too.
It is not every week that I find something 
this cute for just a dollar.

Happy Monday.
Thanks for stopping by.
You   are a blessing!

23 comments:

LV said...

Becky, another cute showing for Blue Monday. If we try hard, maybe your little decked out in blue snowman will make us realize we will not have this heat forever.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

That poor snowman needs a nose! :)

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

So cute. We could use a nice cold snowman right now with all of this heat.

Chloe m said...

I didn't know about Blue Monday. ( What rock am I living under?)

Adordable snowman. But I don't want to think about snow until December. I get enough of that stuff.

Thanks for stopping by Dung hoe.

Cheers,
Rosey

detweilermom said...

Oh Becky He is so cute!! I collect snowmen, They are my absolute favorite.

Vee said...

Oh he's cute! And so affordable... Thanks for the link love, Becky, much appreciated.

A Garden of Threads said...

He is so cute. A cool addition to the summer heat. Have a great week.

DogsMom said...

He doesn't need a whole carrot nose, but maybe some nostrals?
Can be a different breed of snowman. He is cute as is.

SmilingSally said...

He's so cute with his soft blue scarf.

Happy Blue Monday, Becky.

Linda said...

what an adorable little snowman

Francisca said...

Becky, I had to smile when I reached your blog and saw this cute snowman. I was in the snowman-making industry for over a decade and I could probably guess what factory made this blue one... at least the town it came from! Glad it found a loving home. Stay well.

Susan said...

What a wonderful little snowman. He's adorable and perfect for Blue Monday. I've been humming Christmas carols for a few weeks or so now, and that just fanned the flames.

Hope you have a beautiful day,
Susan

The Smith Hotel said...

Always love a deal for $1! Visiting from Southern Hospitality!

Jody

Coloradolady said...

Adorable snowman...I am wishing it was cooler weather today. Happy Blue Monday.

Anonymous said...

That's a cute snowman. I have a small collection of snowmen and decorate with them each Christmas.

Kim, USA said...

That is cute and now I feel cold ^_^

Blueberry Lane

Marice said...

awww so cute :)

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

Such a cute find. a little clay and orange paint and you have a nose! I forget to look for the winter items in summer. Have a great week. Debbie

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

Good grief woman! Snowmen in August! But he is a cutey, I'll give him that. You gotta snap 'em up when you see something special.

tea time and roses said...

Hello Dear Becky,

I love snowmen and yours is the sweetest even with his little nose missing.:o) I have a snowman I simply adore and have kept him out long pass winter, he is just so sweet.

I also love your candle and candle holders, they are beautiful!

A lovely mosaic Monday Becky. Take care and enjoy a wonderful week.

Smiles.....

Beverly

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

He's a cutie!! You have a good find there. :) Thanks for the visit! :)

Elena said...

He is so cute! I love snowmen!

Sue said...

I thought I left you a comment about your nose-less snowman yesterday, but apparently it has disappeared into cyberspace... LOL Your little guys is cute as he is, but I guess you could always glue something on to give his a snoz!! Wow, can you believe we're picking up holiday stuff in the middle of summer? Best time- people don't want to think about snow and Christmas! Thanks for your visit. I'll look for your roosters at the end of the week.
~ Sue