Monday, August 23, 2010

Blue Flowers in a Bouquet






It is hard to grow a true blue flower.
Hydrangea, bluebells and a few others
come out truly blue.

If you have ever wanted to make a red white and
blue flower bed you will have faced the 
challenge of finding a limited 
number of options when it comes
to very blue flowers.

Maybe there are more in other zones
but for us in Pennsylvania choices
are few.



When Mikey was in the High School Internship
at Longwood Gardens he had a class in flower
arranging.  His made two bouquets.
One of them had true blue flowers in it.

I find the blue to be a wonderful contrast to the soft 
pinks and yellows so often found in 
flower arrangements.

Hope you will visit Sally's Blue Monday Party.
She is so faithful to find items of Blue and to visit 
each and every one of her party participants.
Thank You, Sally!

16 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty flowers, Becky...Lovely photos...Hope you have a great week, Blessings, Jill

Vee said...

I guess that my lobelias and spiderworts are the closest to blues and sometimes they appear more purple. Blue is a nice accent color for all those reds and pinks.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Blue is hard to find!

My hydrangea this year were such a treat!

LV said...

Just the right touch and shade of blue to make the arrangements perfect. Nice post.

SmilingSally said...

What is the name of that blue flower?

Happy Blue Monday, Becky!

Linnea said...

All those colors look wonderful together, but blue flowers really add a bit of elegance! Thanks for visiting my blue Monday. Enjoy the day.

Lesa said...

Lovely! I do love blue flowers! My Salvia is blue.

thanks for the visit!

Rebecca said...

Great flower shots-can't get enough of them!

Marice said...

lovely! :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!! Wishing you a wonderful day, Becky!
:)
Zuzu

JEANNE said...

Blue flowers are not common here either. When you see a true blue flower, it is quite a thrill. Love your photos.
Hugs, Jeanne

Chicken Wrangler said...

It is hard to find a good blue for flowers, but you've sure pictured some beauties today!

Dena E's Blog said...

Stunning flowers !!!!! Thanks for the note today and sorry for my late reply..It seems I am the one starting the bug here at our house.
I sure pray that this is NOT a sign of whats to come when flu season hits...
Gods Blessings all around you and Hugs from me to You~~~ Dena

Susy said...

Good morning Becky. I opened up your post to find the glorious photos of blue flowers. What a wonderful way to start the day! Doesn't Rebecca mean " bee"?

Elena said...

I just love blue flowers in an arrangement and in a flower bed mixed with other bright colors. You are right about finding blue flowers. I have blue delphinium and lobilia to satisfy my love of blue with all other bright colors mixed in!

John'aLee said...

Wow is all I can say! I get a lot of inspirations from flowers for the quilt patterns I develop.
Beautiful photographs!