Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Kitties Share Foot Warmer

This is my contribution to the Outdoor Wednesday
Party at Susan's A Southern Daydreamer.
Thanks Susan!

There is a single cement tile outside the front door.
Until this morning it was merely a place for me to stand
as I take the dogs out each day.

This morning it was in the 50's when it was time for
the dogs to make their morning trip around the front
yard.

The cats love to sneak out as we let the dogs out.
We let them think they are pulling one over on us
and they disappear into the flower beds.

Until today.

Apparently the grass was cold...and wet.
They chose to share this small cement tile
which is warmer and drier than anything else
around it.







Finally Tidbit left Ollie alone
on the safety and warmth of the cement
to get on with her day...



Fast forward to this afternoon when
a scream was heard coming
from our garage.

The "screamer" was me.

One of these crazy kitties had brought
home a present
and it was alive.

I caught sight of it as it dashed away from
my feet and into a pile of Warren's "treasures".

Tidbit chased after it and kept meowing, but this
bunny tucked itself right into this spot where it
was safe.



I offered the little thing a carrot...no success.

My family says that is a thing of fairy tales
and laughed at my attempts...after the fact.



So, I opened the garage door and went away for a
couple of hours. Warren came home and I finally
told him about the bunny. We figured it would have
made a break for it.
But no!
It was still where
I had last seen it.

Mikey got it out for us.
He did use a t-shirt just to
be safe...

Poor guy,
I made him wait until
I got these shots.

I also made him hold baby bunny
for this picture.



Then he took it outside and set it free
where it ran full force for the corn
field across the street.
Last we saw it
all was well.

I do hope this little one has learned
its lesson about kitties.
They are sneaky, not to be trusted,
and they HATE to get their feet
cold and wet!
Photobucket

31 comments:

stefanie said...

super cute post, i adore bunnies, maybe you will see him again, have a wonderful day

Vickie said...

I'm really glad your kitty didn't kill the bunny! I bet he was glad to get back to his family after being so scared!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

So true about kitties!

What a precious little surprise.

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your cats are beautiful animals and that little bunny was very dear. Your photos are terrific. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

Cindy said...

I was smiling the whole way through this because I could have written it! Our big cat always sneaks out with the dogs and he has brought us a poor birdie and a nasty mouse in the last couple of days. We have rabbits everywhere and I hope he doesn't get one of those, you would hear me scream!

Jeanne said...

Cute bunny (and cat).

BittersweetPunkin said...

Oh Becky,,,,one of our kitties is a hunter and we have taken more than one baby bunny away from him. I also found one in our garage but it was too late...he was under Hubby's workbench probably injured and trying to stay away from danger...I hate seeing them wounded.

Hugs,
Robin

Regina said...

Nice and cute!

Martha said...

What cute pictures of the bunny -- and the cats! Cats are interesting -- we have one and we love her dearly!

Debbie Pearson said...

Your kitties are so adorable! I guess their gift was better than a mouse. Those really make me scream for some silly reason. Glad the bunny got free unharmed :)

Anonymous said...

That was a fun post. The little kitties are so cute, and so was the bunny. Kitties will be kitties though and they are ruthless when it comes to bunnies or anything else that moves.

Have a great day. Terry

SmilingSally said...

I'm glad the cute bunny survived THE ATTACK OF THE TWO ANGRY CATS! It's cute the way they both found the warmest, dryest spot.

detweilermom said...

When we had cats I remember getting little presents like that. What a cute little bunny!! Glad you could return him to his family.

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

Oh my gosh, how cute it that little bunny. I would have been tempted to keep it.

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

Cute story, great photos ~ and I'm so glad it had a happy ending!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Oh, kitties and bunnies. We have some not so happy stories about our cat and her hunting skills. Glad this one was ok!

Carla said...

Oh my! I'm glad it was big enough to be on its own!! A kitty 'baking stone' now that is funny:)

tea time and roses said...

Hello Dear Becky!

What a sweet post! The kitties are the sweetest and the little bunny, oh my simply adorable. A lovely post with a very happy ending:o)

By the way, the teapots in your previous post are absolutely amazing!:o) Enjoy a beautiful day my friend.

Smiles...

Beverly

Peg said...

What a delightful blog you have... from the frightened bunny to antique teapots and big blue glasses. I enjoyed it all!

Vee said...

Sweet bunny! Hope that he lives happily ever after. Now you may have found a way for me to get my two cats to enjoy time together. They have been as close as four feet from each other, but that's it. See how long it has taken me to get around today? This laptop slows me down, but at least I get to visit and that's the important thing.

ellen b. said...

Hi Becky! How cute is all of this. I love the kitty pictures of them staying on that one square of cement and the bunny is oh so cute! I'm glad it wasn't a mouse!!

Elena said...

So cute, I love how cats like warm places. They are so fun to watch. I'm so glad the bunny story ended well! They are so cute.

Marie said...

I am so glad that sweet bunny made it back to the corn- very fun post because all's well that ends well!
:)

Kelly said...

How cute! I'm so glad Mikey could take care of this little bunny and set it free.

Pam said...

Our cat, Peeve, is a hunter. He is always bringing us presents! I am glad the bunny was able to go back to his family.

Miller Racing Family said...

Super cute post. I love the cute furry animals. The cats and the bunnies are so precious.
Have a get OW!

jeanne said...

Hi Becky, I was canning tomatoes this am and played bridge all afternoon and I am so late visiting today. I almost decided to not visit and get on with my post for tomorrow. I am so glad I stopped by. Your post is so adorable. Big smiles here. I LOVE your photos and when you said your screamed in the garage I pictured a snake. LOL. My sister's cat is always dragging snakes (small ones) in the house, she is so proud of her catch. Have mercy. I was so relieved when I saw the bunny. How cute is that. Your cats are so cute as well. Dogs, cats, and bunnies. Yikes!

Love your post today...Hugs, Jeanne

Anne Fannie said...

What a precious little bunny! So glad you were able to set it free.
We have bunnies in our yard but they don't last long with Buck the Rottweiler. He brings them to me at the back door, lifeless....

~Ann

Ronda said...

Oh my goodness what an event that must have been.
But what an absolutely adorable little thing was that lil bunny.

Glad your kitty didn't hurt it.

My jasper brought home a tee tiny baby bunny and....well....made a meal of it. I absolutely was in tears when I found it...in pieces on my front porch. I hate that sort of thing.
If thier gonna get dinner outside of the house...just dont bring it home with them....KWIM? LOL.

Love & Prayers,
Ronda

Blondie's Journal said...

Hi Becky,

This was adorable!! I can't believe you would offer the bunny a carrot!! lol! Not that they don't like carrots, but why would the little guy want to eat at a time like this??! Ha ha...

Your cats are very cute (and clever). Love this post!

Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

xoxo
Janie

RobinfromCA said...

Oh, what a tale this bunny had to tell when he got back to the warren that night! Too cute!

Robin