Saturday, December 8, 2007

Chelsea's Skirt

Chelsea and Grandma Ruth have spent a good bit of time together at the sewing machine over the last year and a half. First it was pillows...I was gifted one last year for Christmas! I love it! Then came the dress for our trip to Williamsburg in September. That was cute. Remember?

Finally, one day Chelsea and I were in a local Mennonite owned store and she saw a pattern for a skirt that she just had to make with Grandma. The pattern was inexpensive...the material we chose was not. It is so pretty, though and Chelsea wore it to the Christmas Concert. Here is a picture taken of Chelsea in the same outfit at Thanksgiving.

I am so glad Chelsea is learning to sew. I tried to learn but it didn't stick. Thanks Mom for being a great teacher to Chelsea.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful!! And it looks like she did a great job. I need a simple, no zipper skirt pattern but I can't find one...

Any pictures from the concert yet?

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Oh I meant to tell her Thursday night how much I loved her skirt!

Great Job, Chelsea!

Terri Steffes said...

I love to sew but I am so awful when the machine doesn't work.
Looking forward to seeing concert pics!

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

How cute!!!!

Tracy said...

The skirt is beautiful and so is Chelsea! It is wonderful to know of a young woman sewing--may she always find joy in it! Happy week to all of you ((HUGS))