Friday, December 10, 2010

Chelsea, Chloe and Gingerbread Men to the Rescue


I went to bed early the other evening.
This is such a rare occurrence. 
I am very rarely caught by surprise by 
things here at home because I am one of the 
first to wake up and the last to bed most nights.

However this evening was the exception.
The exhaustion had caught up with me and 
I was out by 9:30pm.

When I awoke the next morning I was so pleased
to find these happy little gingerbread men on
the Christmas tree.  I think they are the saving grace
for our disaster of a tree.


I think this one was playing peek-a-boo!

The tree is actually being held upright by a cinderblock
on the tree stand.  This being necessary because 
of Mikey's solution to its volume. 
You may remember that
he chopped the back of the tree off.
It was logical
at the time but I don't think that there was a lot
of forethought given to balance and weight issues.
Oh well, Warren has lots of practice at getting 
the rest of us out of our self induced dilemmas.
He is the BEST!

The tree is finally dressed with white lights, 
blue and white ornaments and ribbon.
 Aren't these little guys just the cutest??
She has named each and every one.





I confess that Chelsea and I ate "Jonathan".
His head broke so what were we to do??
Wink!

I just thought these two were way too 
cute together the other morning.
I made them pose...





Merry Christmas....to YOU!

11 comments:

Susy said...

What a wonderful surprise to wake up to. Love the gingerbread men and that they all have names (: Enjoy!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Oh, your poor tree!

It looks pretty...if you didn't tell us any different we wouldn't know - hee hee!

Chelsea is such a clever girl.

Vee said...

Oh they are sweet on the tree and I am smiling thinking of her naming each and every one. What a nice way to wake up!

tea time and roses said...

Hello Becky,

Those gingerbread men are the sweetest, and all with names!:o) Loving the pretty blue bulbs too. What a lovely morning surprise.

Happy weekend to you and your family.

Smiles♥

Beverly

Anonymous said...

I don't have any interest this year in making cookies. Chelsea's gingerbread men sure have made me hungry for gingerbread cookies though!

Simple Home said...

The gingerbread men turned out so sweet. Poor Jonathan...I'm not sure how you resist gobbling down the rest though :-) They look yummy! Chelsea looks so sweet in those photos with her doggy!
Blessings,
Marcia

Tracy said...

ooohhhh, so they're edible, not the applesauce and glue things? Yum! I'll bet it smells good, too!

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

The gingerbread men are adorable! Looks good enough to bite into!

Vickie said...

I"m surprised you didn't wake up to that smell of gingerbread cooking! Too cute!

And even cuter is Chelsea and Chloe! Our pets always have to be in the family photos don't they?

Elena said...

Very cute gingerbread men! I love you can tell by my last post that I love the little guys too!

Kelly said...

Chelsea's culinary talents are wonderful for more than just eating! I'm sure your tree looks lovely with these cute little characters dressing it up.