Friday, March 12, 2010

Failure Leads to Fun



It was an unexpected phone call
from the head of our Formal Committee
.
She wanted to know if I made
Floating Candles.

Hmmm...



I initially said "No, I don't make those."
But she kept talking.
So I wondered if I could make these
fun little candles.



The problem is...
She wants hers to burn for
five hours.

Mine don't.
I got three hours
at the most.

So, I won't be selling her
Floating Candles.

I am not going to be the
one that ruins my sons'
Formal by making candles
that burn out too soon.

However, it was fun to play!
Photobucket

9 comments:

Melissa G. said...

They're so pretty! And three hours is still a good burning time for a small candle like that, isn't it?

Mrs.Rabe said...

Five hours for a banquet? That seems looonggg....three hours would be long. Wedding receptions aren't even 5 hours....

Congrats on your floaters and fun! See you tonight!

Karen said...

They look nice, even if they don't burn long enough for her purposes.

Three hours does seem like a long burn time for floating candles, doesn't it? Is she going to find any floaters that burn that long? (I guess I've never given any thought to how long a floating candle burns...the things you pros have to figure out that would never occur to the rest of us...)

Jerri said...

I agree. Five hours is too long. I would think they would just have to remain lit through the dinner hour.......

Jerri

Marydon Ford said...

Yours are very pretty ... 3's enough for me, too.

Happy St. Patrick's Day ~
Have a lovely weekend.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Vee said...

Pretty little things floating on the water. Why not just add some more during the event as the others fade out? Too much? Oh well, I hope that you enjoy them.

JD said...

They sure do look pretty...I never times my candles...smile...
Your blog header had special meaning for me today I will email you...Blessings, Jill

SmilingSally said...

Five hours is a long time for a small candle to burn.

Brittany Ann said...

Wow! I love those! 3 hours seems good to me!