Monday, August 10, 2009

A Slow, Quick Dinner

What am I talking about?

It involves a huge
piece of pork.

A crock-pot.

It involves putting the pork
into the crock-pot, on high,
all day!

You'll have to leave or
put up with the wonderful
aroma of the garlic powder
sprinkled on the top of this
piece of pork.

Going to Costco and getting a
big bag of oranges to serve with
the finished meal is a good idea.
Or, at least, it worked well for us.
A few orange wedges were just the thing!

When it is nearing time to eat, it would
probably be a good idea to get
that table set and any side dishes made
because the main dish takes just about
two minutes to complete.

When all is ready, the only thing left
to do is remove the pork from the
crock-pot and shred it. Mix in BBQ sauce
to taste and serve it on the carb of your
choice. Some had ciabatta bread, others
ate theirs on large rolls.
Most everyone had cheddar cheese on
their BBQ Pork sandwich.
Next time I'm adding a sweet pickle
to mine...

So, on a very hot day, in August,
I made a fast meal, slowly!
Good eatin' - No oven!



Photobucket

7 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

That sounds fantastic!

Melissa G said...

That's so funny that you would post this now! I just made it on friday and it was sooo yummy! And way easier than i was expecting. The hardest part was remebering to get the meat out of the freezer to defrost the day before so i could put it in the crocpot in the morning. You're right, the house smelled so good! Elijah and I had a hard time waiting for Daddy to get home for dinner that day! =)

SmilingSally said...

Except for the oranges, I've made this recipe for several years. I use 1/2 bottle of Kraft with honey BBQ sauce and serve on mini buns.

~~Deby said...

mmmmmmmm.....I can just smell it here...oh my..does that sound good...I just love my crock pot...
I have 3 different sizes....
last night my husband did salmon on the grill.....
but now this pork does sound just soooo good and it is only 6:33 in the morning as I type this...
Deby

Terri Steffes said...

I am for anything that is slow and quick!!

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

YUMMY!!! I LOVE using my crock pot!! But like Melissa it is hard to wait!!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Oh, you have completely got me thinking about getting my crock pot out. After my move it just got stuck out in the garage. I want to smell pork roast! Right now!! Delicious!! Makes me think of fall but that is a great idea for summer cooking too, brilliant!!

blessings!