Sunday, May 3, 2009

Blue Monday Already!



I don't know what happened to
last week but it is done.

It is time for a bit more blue.

This time I went to our family
room and found a couple of favorite
blue items...

A classic figurine.
She makes me happy.



A Eugenia Price Book on our
built in bookshelves. Love
the look of nice book jackets
and pretty lettering.

Of course, a great story doesn't
hurt either!


On a different blue note is this bit of
a wall. It represents a fun date Warren
and I enjoyed last week. We met for dinner
at The Texas Roadhouse and then went on over
to a new Rita's Ice for a chance to just sit
and chat...over sweets.



I happen to think that the bright decor
in this new eatery is fun. The tile and
the blue walls set a cheerful background.
The red chairs really pop against it.

For more Blue Monday Posts head on
over to Smiling Sally's Blog and visit
the many links!
Go on!
Really...go!
Right after
you leave me a little note.


I love that,
you know...

♥♥Becky K.♥♥

26 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree about the bright colors added to the blue in the eatery...nice job.

xinex said...

Beautiful blues! I also want to tell you how pretty your header picture is....Christine

Tracy said...

Fun blues today, Becky...your figurine is lovely--so graceful, and love those colorful tiles! Happy week to you & yours :o) ((HUGS))

Knitty said...

Nice variety of blues you've shared!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Becky,
Nice blues! The figurine is so graceful. Thanks for sharing and have a Happy Blue Monday!

Blessings,
Sandi

SmilingSally said...

I like that figurine too, and I'd like to eat at that colorful place. However, I wouldn't decorate my home like that! Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Pretty blue for our gray, rainy days....I would love to see some blue sky!

JD/ Jill said...

Great photos...Happy Blue Monday to you Becky...

Heathahlee said...

Becky, you were right, we do have several things in common...I LOVE EUGENIA PRICE!!! I was so sad when she died, because while she got to go Home, we didn't get to read any more of her books! She had just started a new series before she died, too.

Thanks for your comment and I've entered you in the drawing! Tell your friends to come on by, too!

Barb said...

Hi Becky, your blues are great I just love the figurine....so sweet.

Happy Blue Monday.

Barb

ellen b said...

Great blues Becky. The figurine is lovely and the colorful tiles are fun! Have a great week.

Vee said...

Such a lovely, even lyrical figurine. Still enjoying that playlist!

Gie's Tidbits said...

beautiful entries.

happy blue Monday.

Gie's Tidbits said...

beautiful entries.

happy blue Monday.

Marie Reed said...

That sounds like the perfect date! Happy Blue Monday!

Barbara Jean said...

Your blue ceramic piece is lovely.
a sweet innocence to her.
blessings,
barbara jean

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful figurine! Thanks for sharing.

Jane said...

The figurine is just lovely! I like the tile also. Very cheery! Thanks for visiting me and leaving your lovely comments. Happy Blue Monday!

Joyce said...

Rita's ice is fun and I posted a blue Monday with icy today too:)
Joyce

~~Deby said...

~The figurine is beautiful Becky...a very gracious looking lady.
deby

Fifi Flowers said...

Pretty Lladro!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

What a sweet figurine. The tiles in the eatery are terrific ~ looks like a fun place!

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

You have lots of pretty blue things! I love figurines!

Happy Blue Monday!

Katherine

kari and kijsa said...

Beautiful blues!!!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Terry said...

Oh wow that is an excellent book,I really enjoy Eugenia Price books,and the figurine is simply lovely.
What a great Blue Monday post.
blessings to you for a joy filled week.

KayC. said...

Great blues! Have a Happy Blue Monday!