Monday, May 25, 2009

Georgia's White Clematis

When Warren's Mom, Georgia, bought
the house next door from my good
friend, Beverly, she moved a clematis
that was well established in the middle
of the yard. The move
was necessary since there were about
ten trees being cut down. This vine
would have been in the way.

I figured there was a decent chance
this flower would not survive the
move.

I was so wrong!

Yesterday something caught my eye
from the far side of Georgia's yard.

It was this.


This is wonderful because before
Gene passed away and Georgia sold
their home an hour away from here
she had the most beautiful purple
clematis on her lamp post. I know
she misses so many things from that
yard. How sweet that this flower
should be doing so well!













God knows us so well and shows
His love in very tangible ways.

To Georgia...it is through an
intricate flower.

Has He showed His love to You lately?

♥♥Becky K.♥♥

Psst...Don't forget to enter for a chance
to win the Book Give-a-way
either at the original post from yesterday
or from the link on the sidebar. I will randomly
select three winners Friday at 9am.

9 comments:

Adam said...

I chanced upon to view your blog and found it very interesting. Great ... Keep it up!

Joyce said...

It is amazing what grows back each year. I always find surprises in my flower beds from years past.
Joyce

SmilingSally said...

It's such a beautiful bloom.

pam said...

Greetings Becky....thanks for stopping by my blog. I have never seen a white clematis...it is beautiful. I'm thinking I need to move another clematis we have in our front yard....it is not doing nearly as well as our other one. Hearing of this one's move gives me a little more courage to dig mine up. Hope you have a grand Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

What lovely photos of the gorgeous white clematis! What a specail gift it has survived!

Best,
Debbykay at Rose Cottage Gardens and Farm

Diane Shiffer said...

becky.. that is so pretty! you know i don't know that i have ever seen this flower before. and i so agree with your sentiment: God does know what we need and He is so good to provide it♥

Barb said...

Becky, it is so beautiful. A clematis is one of my favorite flowers to paint.

Barb

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

So beautiful! I will have to come see it!

God has been showing me His love and goodness through my family, lately! So good!

~~Deby said...

oh the clematis is beautiful Becky...I love the pics and the story.
deby