Tuesday, May 19, 2009

God's Timing

So, I was sitting up in bed,
midafternoon, watching HGTV
and feeling pretty sorry for
myself. This cold has a real
grip on me. Sorry to say.

Thank you, so much, for your
get well wishes in the comments
yesterday. This particular
cold is the worst I have seen in
a while. It is so encouraging
to know you care and are praying.

So, as I was saying...the pity
party was going on strong when
Jonathan...our oldest...came
bounding into the room with
a large stack of mail.

As I started into it I noticed
a thick package.
Surprise!
It was from jAne at Tickleberry
Farm.
I knew I had won her
giveaway but didn't expect it
to arrive so quickly.

How wonderful and how cheering
to receive such thoughtfulness
from another coast.

Oh! Did you want to see what
she sent?

Let me show you!

There is a wonderful hand towel.
So pretty and rich feeling.

This pretty little notebook.
Isn't it sweet?
I can see keeping notes about
my flowerbeds in this one.

A little white barn star ornament.
So perfect for Lancaster County.
You might use them other places but
this has to be the home of the
barn star!

The icing on the cake?
This packet of Cranberry Apple Tea.
Oh, this is how I knew that
God was in it!
How more perfectly could He say
He saw my throat pain and here
was something to soothe it.

Ahhh....

Thanks so much jAne!
You are simply the best!

If you are reading this and you
have not met jAne...you need to.
This is a very wise woman with
a delightfully wicked sense of humor.

I simply love to go to Tickleberry
Farm
and read the antics of "tHat cAt",
see the progress of her flower gardens,
and learn about her sweet daughter, Lizzie.

Good stuff!
I'm telling you!
Go...see my friend.

♥♥Becky K.♥♥

13 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Congratulations on all your goodies! God is good.

sherry said...

I'm so thankful the package arrived safely and quickly (once I sent it anyway..hehe). I'm especially thankful that the contents of the package blessed you, especially the tea!

Praying for your health, dear friend. You are a blessing to *so* many!

jAne
http://tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com

JD/ Jill said...

What nice goodies to get in the mail. Email is nice...but SNAIL mail is so much nicer. Drink your tea, rest, Hope you feel much better. You'll be in my prayers today for sure. God Bless, Jill

Melissa G said...

Perfect timing! Isn't that just like our great God!?
I hope you're feeling better today.

Terri Steffes said...

HOw cool that you won! How cool that it came when you were feeling low! I hope your cold goes away soon!

Vee said...

Well that's enough to make anyone feel a lot better! What a lovely win and Jane is a sweetheart for sending you all that.

(I always recommend Thieves for colds and nastiness that seems to have a strong grip lasting much too long... It's always worked for me.

http://www.secretofthieves.com/ )

Vee said...

Oh, look at this, you can make your own should you have the ingredients... http://www.quantumbalancing.com/news/thieves_oil.htm

Carol said...

Hope you're feeling better today!

Barb said...

Hi Becky, what a lovely package from a friend.

I do hope you feel better soon and everyone deserves a little time to feel sorry for themselves when they are sick. Makes us human, huh?

Big smiles, Barb

Anonymous said...

Oh feel better!! Good morning, happy belated pink Saturday and blue Monday. Still making my rounds from Beverly's list and Sally's too. What a lovely blog you have!!! I will go visit your friend's blog - anyone who sends a sick gf tea and pressies must be sweet.

Today I've begun ny muggy Florida morning by planting some pole bean, cosmos, nasturtium, and lavendar seeds, and doing some of the dreaded weeding.

Now it is onto saying "thank you" to my blog visitors like you, upgrading my DeStash site, and tomorrow begin the re-working on my Faerie Tales - and on and on it goes. Yep, I do love to be productive. Talk to you soon, Have a great week,feel better soon!

xJ
MaidenShade.wordpress.com

~~Deby said...

oh..isn't God's timing PERFECT...for that lovely package to come from *our* JaNe.....she is the best..
I hope today you are doing a tad better..or even a WHOLE LOT better....will pray for the return of good health....
deby

Phyllis said...

hope you are feeling better today my friend. Bob said he really missed you on Tuesday. He was the only one there from our group. You need to get better soon. He needs the competition.

hugs to you

Unknown said...

What a wonderful gift! I hope you are feeling better soon.