Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sanctity of Life Sunday

Honoring the value
inherent in human life.

Whether it is the
unborn baby...



For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139:1-16



...or the sick and elderly

Listen to your father, who gave you life,
and do not despise your mother when she is old. Proverbs 23:22



You shall stand up before the gray head and honor the face of an old man, and you shall fear your God: I am the LORD. Leviticus 19:32

All have value in the
eyes of God, the creator.

Blessings on your Sunday.

♥♥Becky K.♥♥

3 comments:

Carol said...

I love your post today Becky. The scriptures are so special!
Hugs,
Carol

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Amen,

We must come to value life as God does.

Kelly said...

Great post, Becky. I love that you included the elderly in this post. So many times I have heard churches and Christians speak of the sanctity of life and only refer to infants and the unborn.