Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Beautiful Night for a Walk

I have a standing date with my friend, Melissa, to walk on Tuesday evenings.  Admittedly it has not happened more than it has happened.  This being blamed on illness in the Spring and heat over this Summer.  However, on the occasions that we have walked my reaction has been anything from enjoyment to pure torture.  Poor Melissa.  This is not me at my best.  For sure!  I get cranky.  But bless her heart she just bears with me and keeps encouraging our Tuesday dates.

Last night we went to a new place to walk.  It was way better than our usual walking spots.  This was a park deeply hidden in the woods of Lancaster County.  It took us a while to find it again.  You see, Warren and I had been here before with our church group, but that was about five years ago.  So following the directions in the phone we attempted to find it.  The phone knew what it was trying to tell us but we did not get it.  We wandered a bit until Warren just went the way he thought it was and we arrived.

To this:



















Shortly after I took this photo I realized what time it was.
Oops!
We were due at another park to meet more friends for 
Ultimate Frisbee....the kids, not me...
Time had flown 
such was the beauty here.
My camera and I were having a ball.

So up to the park in Lancaster we went.
Chelsea was already there but we were delivering Jonathan
and meeting up with friends Amy and Deanna.
One of the things I miss most about home schooling is meeting 
with friends while our kids take sports or play together.
This was kind of like that.
Even though our presence is no longer required 
for our offspring to get together it is nice to 
make it happen from time to time.
Especially when we can choose a nice Summer evening
for the occasion.

There were a lot of young people out to play 
last evening.


 As the moon became more distinct in the sky 
the kids stopped the game and ate their traditional 
ice cream bars.

It was just a perfect way to spend an evening.



17 comments:

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

My husband and I chose to sit on our side porch last night to enjoy the beautiful evening and I remember glancing over to see the moon....exactly as you have pictured it....

Vee said...

What a beautiful place to walk! Very nice photos, Becky. Why am I seeing note cards? Ha!

I'm glad that you are "easing" slowly into that phase of life where the kids don't need a lift. Don't worry, though, I've found that they always need some sort of a lift. It has got to be fun to watch the game!

bananaorangeapple said...

What a beautiful park. Love the fence.

PJ @ Planned in Pencil said...

I love that you walj with camera in tow! <3

N. said...

Great pictures!
Noelle

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I have driven by that other park many, many times, and never stopped. It's beautiful.

The weather is getting more 'walk' friendly...I anticipate the hikes will be on the agenda again soon!

It was beautiful to be out last night.

Deanna

detweilermom said...

That is one of the parks I like to walk. Glad you had fun.

Theresa said...

What a beautiful evening, beginning to moonlit end! Love all of the flower pics and the butterfly, amazing! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Phyllis said...

So many referenced to the "park" but no name. Name please so I may go and enjoy the "park".

Susy said...

Beautiful indeed ~ we would have to travel hours to find anything like that here. thanks for sharing your walk.

MYSAVIOR said...

You live in such a beautiful place. God has surely blessed you.

♥♥♥
Sue

Unknown said...

Awesome captures, Becky ... such a beautiful place to enjoy. Card perfect scenes.

How fun the kids are having ...

Such an elegant moon to finish the day with ...

Have a great day ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Aloquin said...

You know, I just saw a tv commercial yesterday for Lancaster County. It showed a medieval knight and... I can't remember the woman, but it wasn't the typical lovely country/Amish ideals that you typically think of when Lancaster County comes to mind. So glad to see your beautiful photos! Now THAT'S Lancaster County! :)

Chari said...

Wow those pictures are absolutely beautiful! Glad you got out and enjoyed nature! I need to do the same! Helps us to enjoy life more.

Stopping by from etsy CASTTEAM! Stop by anytime and be inspired!

Continued blessings!

Tricia said...

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful place! I would be there all the time :)

Luella Newkirk said...

Sweet! Your photographs are really amazing! Makes me want to visit there.

sammysgrammy said...

aaaahhhhhh, summer nights - such a delight