Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Two Favorite Things, Updates and a Prayer Request

Oliver and Hosta!


Now for the updates...

Vee was wondering how Jonathan did
at his final high school evaluation.
He did very well.
His evaluator definitely saw that he did more
than was necessary for graduation...
much more.
Like I told her, I just always
called him to do the things the rest of
us were doing even though he didn't need
it to satisfy requirements.
I happen to enjoy his feedback in discussions.

About Mom...thankfully the new medication is
making a difference. She isn't feeling great
yet, but it is much better.

My MRI and MRA are scheduled for tomorrow
morning. We are checking for blockages or
anything else that may have caused an episode
that I had in October that left residual effects
on my right side for several months after that.
I only just now saw my doctor and told him about
it. He got pretty serious very quickly.

So, if you would, just pray that I don't freak
out in the machine. I've had an MRI on my back
without a problem but this will take considerably
longer. I've been thinking about what kind of
music I want them to play....

Please pray today for a 13 year old friend of ours.
He was born with a birth defect in his heart.
Today he will do a test they have been waiting all
of his life to do. His parents are understandably
very concerned. The results of this test will tell
a lot about his future.
Please pray for Caleb today...
would you?

Thanks Friends!

Photobucket

16 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Praying for both you and Caleb, Becky!

That picture of Ollie and the Hosta is great!

Vee said...

Play anything that will be soothing and comforting...

Am praying for you and for those you care about. Good to know that your mom is feeling better. Yay for Jonathan!

Diane Shiffer said...

I'll be honored to pray for those things Becky♥

Tracy said...

Praying. Love the kitty.

Brittany Ann said...

Praying so hard! God will give you the strength for that MRI, I just know it!

Gayla said...

You are in my prayers, and I am also praying for Caleb and your mother. Hugs from Missouri.

LV said...

Lord knows Becky you need something good to happen today. Seems when it rains it pours. Trust things are not too bad for you. Trust the good Lord puts his healing hand on all of you.

sherry said...

So much to pray for - honored to be part of those who are praying. <><

jAne * tickleberry farm

Sandra said...

I'll be praying for you and your friend, Becky. (HUGS)
Sandra

Barb said...

Becky, sending prayers for you and Caleb. Consider praise music.

Giving you a big hug!!!!!

Barb ♥

Anonymous said...

Ear plugs (get them from Tim) and wear one of those sleeping eye masks so in case you open your eyes you still can't see where you are. Your doctor can give you a pill too if needed. These are just some ideas!

Carol said...

I'll be praying that you will have peace during the MRI. As the saying goes, "Let go & let God".

Blessings & Hugs,
Carol

Jerri said...

Prayers coming your way. Have you considered asking your doctor for a Valium to help you through the MRI? I am not sure how I would tolerate a long MRI. Will be thinking about you.

Jerri

Judy said...

So glad your mom is doing better, albeit a bit slowly. That is good news!

I will pray for you and your MRI tomorrow. As for my experience with an MRI last year, I just kept my eyes closed the entire time. I didn't even allow myself to peek in case I would have gotten claustrophobic. I am not normally claustrophobic but I didn't want to chance finding out at that opportunity that I was! It might be cowardly but it worked for me... eyes closed for the entire time until I came out of the machine!

I will keep Caleb in my prayers... hope all goes well.

Talk to you soon!

Judy

Karen said...

I've been praying for you as God brings you to my mind. I'm glad for specifics-I'll add that to my prayers.

I'm probably seeing this a little late to pray for Caleb but I'll do so anyhow.

Glad Jonathan's evaluation went smoothly. It's always a relief to have it over, I'd imagine.

Elena said...

That is so awesome about Jonathan. I am glad your mom is doing better. You and Caleb will be in my prayers. Hugs, Elena