Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Home Sweet Home.....Photos of our Time Away

 We went shopping.
I bought two graters and a blouse.
Big spenders we are!
Haha.
One grater is for the kitchen....
the other for making laundry detergent.
Warren questions the need for two different ones.
I'm afraid I would always think I tasted soap in my 
grated cheese.

 Buddy Greene often led the opening songs.

 Mark Lowry may be recovering from a severely broken leg
but he is still funny and one of my favorite people.


 On his life's bucket list was to make an album of love songs.
He sang one of them to us.
Everyone loved it.

 When God gave out powerful and pitch perfect voices
He included David Phelps.
Wow!

 I'm a huge fan of the tight harmonies of the Booth Brothers.
I also love that they are bringing back the old hymns of the church.
Such rich words.....


 The Collingsworth Sisters.
This family is amazing on so many levels.
Mrs. Collingsworth brought down the house with 
a patriotic piece on the piano.
It was shared that she has a brother with a brain injury
from serving in the military.
It made her passionate performance very meaningful.


 Warren's favorite group...
The Isaac's.


 They have such a special sound and we loved all of the instruments they play.

 I may share more artist photos later if you want to see them.
For now, though, I'll move on to some of the beautiful
mountainside we enjoyed on Sunday afternoon.










 The weather was so perfect for our time in Tennessee.
We are thankful.

Our hearts were moved by the things we saw and heard.
Ken Davis preached a message about Jesus and Lazarus that 
smacked me right in the face.

I'm still working over that message.
So good!

Of course there were many songs to make me think of my Daddy.
I'm pretty sure he would have approved of our being there.
I'm also pretty sure that he's singing on Heaven's shores.
Not much could stop him.



10 comments:

bananaorangeapple said...

I loved this blogpost! What a great holiday. I hope you get to go back soon.

Julia Badgley said...

Did you get your camera shipped to you?
Glad you were able to go:)

MYSAVIOR said...

I love all the greenery.

♥♥♥
Sue

sammysgrammy said...

The pictures of the mountain scenes, rocks and creeks - more awesome proof that the Lord is and continues to be a "take your breath away" artist.
Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Great post Becky. I love "traveling" with you. Love the nature scene pics. Those are places I dream of going to. So pretty and tranquil.

Vee said...

More, more! I'm thrilled to pieces that you and Warren took this trip for this purpose. I can only imagine how wonderful it was. The photos of the tumbling stream over rocks and through the forest...very special!

Yolanda (silvercloud07) said...

You got to meet the COLLINGSWORTHS?!?!?! I won't be jealous; I won't be. lol Sounds like you had a great trip. Glad you were able to catch some photos - and that you bought two separate graters ;).

Theresa said...

Looks like an awesome time! Love the nature pictures and I am sure your Daddy would approve of that trip! Have a blessed week, HUGS!

Karen said...

Ok, I get that we wash things like graters with...soap...but somehow I completely understand the need for designated use graters. ;-) Even if I wouldn't feel, like you, that my cheese tasted a little soapy, it's just nice to have one in the kitchen when you need it, rather than with the laundry supplies. Yeah, that sounds like a good reason, too. lol

Sounds like it was a great trip, other than starting out without your camera. But you still got some fantastic pictures!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I miss being in the mountains. So glad you had this great time - your mom knows how to give the perfect gift, eh?

Our whole family loves Mark Lowery!

Deanna