Friday, January 13, 2012

Good Morning Friends.....

If I were Winnie the Pooh
I would tell you that it is a blustery day
here in the wood.

A steely gray sky
is actually very pretty against the green 
of the field across the street 
as the sun rises higher and 
brings light to the water tower
and hay rolls
visible from the picture window.

Today our Chelsea will find out 
if she can drive unsupervised.
Since we didn't get over to the test
area to practice parallel parking 
on the course we are unsure.
That gets most people the first time.

I have to say that Chelsea is a very 
good driver but I am still hesitant 
to want to send my youngest out 
there by herself.

So, I have placed the results
repeatedly in the Lord's hands.
Not that it really wasn't there in the 
first place...but for my sake
I just keep offering her up to Him.

He knows if she is ready yet.

Now I had better get ready.
We have to get some gas on our
way so that she doesn't run out
halfway through the test.
That would be embarrassing.

She would have to call out
for 
"Christopher Robin"
to get her out of a 
mess such as that.

7 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

She will do fine. It is a huge milestone though. I remember the first time each of our kids went somewhere all by themselves...usually just to the store for me - but Lindsay's was to meet Georgia to go along to the horse rescue with her.

Having my kids driving is another way to remember to commit them to the Lord.

Praying for you both!
Deanna

Karen said...

Praying it went well for Chelsea this morning. I think parallel parking is a pain, though, even after decades of driving!

Theresa said...

I will send up a prayer for your sweet Chelsea too:) I remember how nervous I was in November when Autumn took her test! I watched thru the window while she did the parallel parking! She bumped into the cone but didn't knock it down! They took a few points off but she got her license anyway:) I'll be praying! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

~~Deby said...

Many of us have been there...will pray Chelsea does well....and that your mother's heart will be calmed....

Vee said...

All the best to Chelsea. Either way, it's in the Lord's hands.

Buttercup said...

Adding my prayers for Chelsea. It's a big step. Can still remember -- even after 45 years -- how nervous I was.

Vickie said...

Hi Becky - I know she'll do fine! It's always hard to let our babies fly (or drive). When it came time for my daughter to drive, it was so much more difficult to turn her loose than it was our sons! I guess we think that driving and cars are second nature to the guys - remember when they are little bitty, some even before they can talk, they're going "vroom-vroom" when they push their little cars and trucks around. Actually, my daughter has wound up being a better and more careful driver than my sons!