Sunday, October 6, 2013

Quick Autumn Outdoor Decor

Today our middle child turns 21.
Hard to believe.
Twenty one years ago today he was without a name.
Somehow he just didn't look like a "Joshua", 
the name we had chosen for him.

But about 24 hours later we knew...
He was a Michael.
Oh boy is he.

Just think about all of the Mikey's you know.
Adventurous, Fun, Mischievous.
That's our Michael.

If I had only known how hard it would be 
on me we might have stayed with 
Joshua.

Oh well.

He is exactly who God made him to be 
and we wouldn't have it any other way.

We are so grateful to watch him grow into a young man
who is caring and ever more thoughtful about things 
that matter.

Today we will celebrate.
He has invited a few friends from work.
We are hoping that it cools down some because
he plans to have a bonfire.

I'll be serving food on the deck before that happens.
Chili
Baked Potatoes
Chips and Salad to turn the chili into Taco Salad.
Hot Dogs
]Peanut Butter Filled Pretzels
Fresh Fruits - Pineapple, Grapes and Oranges
Cake

So I wanted to make the deck a little more festive since the 
Summer flowers have retired.

Here's what I gleaned from the front yard and 
brought to my dirt (and weed) filled holders 
on the deck.

 I don't care that they are rough....
and kind of wild.
 The colors are just too cute together.
 Best of all I could do it for free and in just a couple of minutes 
on what is always a busy day for us....Sunday.

Oops...I see I need to dig out some Autumn Ribbon for the Corn Stalks.
They won't last forever, 
but nothing would.

Happy Birthday Mikey!
You are a keeper.




No comments: