Monday, August 10, 2015

The Daily Grind

 We don't do lots of vacations.
We don't buy many new clothes.
Our cars are all vintage-ish.
Our home a mish-mash of well loved furnishings
and finishes.

But...we DO go to many cafes.
It is our splurge.
Chelsea and Chadd have a long term goal of opening a cafe.
It has a name already.
It has a purpose.
And so we find ourselves often at local cafes.
Watching, making note of what works, and what doesn't.
We enjoy the atmosphere.

Quarryville was so blessed when The Daily Grind
opened its doors.
They do a great job with the food, service and environment.
Lately we noticed beautiful fresh flowers on some of the tables
and Chelsea commented how much she likes them.


I saw later, on their Facebook page, that these bouquets are for sale
from Amish gardeners.
Great idea!
Makes the room bright and cheery while offering another service
to the guests of the cafe.


We still have our up and down days with all of the emotions
going with the accident.
This particular day was a harder day.
It is so normal and natural.
I'm so proud of Chels and Chadd for how they are handling things
that most people don't have to experience until much later in life...
if ever.


Thankfully we have such a wonderful place to visit.
With friendly people, good food and good drinks.
They don't mind if we are especially quiet.
They have loved on us all the way through since we would sometimes
make a quick stop on the way to the hospital.
I was especially thankful for the ability to get a custom (no bread)
breakfast that tasted amazing!!

If you are local, this is a place worth visiting.
The Daily Grind is in the former LifeSong Christian Bookstore Building.
My favorite lunch?
The Southwestern Wrap.
Yum!!


Have a beautiful day.
Whether it is your happiest or not, 
it can be just fine....
when you lean on Him.

From Psalm 4:

Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness!
You have relieved me in my distress;
Have mercy on me, and hear my prayer.
There are many who say,
“Who will show us any good?”
Lord, lift up the light of Your countenance upon us.
You have put gladness in my heart,
More than in the season that their grain and wine increased.
I will both lie down in peace, and sleep;
For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.


6 comments:

Theresa said...

Beautiful flowers and your beautiful daughter! I continue to pray for ALL of you! Sending HUGS your way!

Doris said...

Beautiful post! In my travels here and there, I pass farm lanes with flower stands at the end of them. I never stop to buy some but think I should :)
neat idea for the cafe' tables! neat dream those two have :)
Prayers continue for all through the journey!

Sherry said...

i've heard it said that you should make your life and home so special that it's always a vacation. sounds like you've achieved that quite nicely. continuing in prayer for Chelsea&Chadd.

Karen said...

Ah, Becky...so much to say but mostly, I've been praying for all of you.

Chadd's accident coincided with our leaving for Family Camp so I ended up reading multiple updates at one time. What a challenge this has been for all of you! Seeing (all of) your faith through all the hard stuff is encouraging and, I know, not always easy.

I have leaned on that last verse during a stressful time in the past-it's a great reminder!

Love you, friend. Know that you all continue to be in our prayers.

Buttercup said...

I'm a café fan, too. I found a new place near to me on Monday and the coffee was the best. I'll be back with a friend tomorrow. My indulgence is travel and I love the planning and the going. My furniture is not new -- at all -- and maybe a little scruffy, but give me the idea of a trip and I'll swap new furniture for a plane ticket.

You are all in my prayers!

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely post and pics! If, (or I guess I should say when) we get back up your way again. (Must think positive) We'll have to look up that cafe that you mentioned. Our favorite Cafe in our area...closed up.