Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sunday Morning Musings - They Are Not What You Think



I tried to sleep.
Truly, I did.
But every few minutes there was a 
"Bark!"

Just one at a time.

But it wouldn't stop.
Like dripping water....but not as steady.
Just enough to break into my amazing sleep.

I got up....
to let the dogs out.
I had given them leftover beef bbq last evening
and imagined that perhaps this was causing 
distress better dealt with outside.

However, I'm not convinced that was the problem.
For the offending dog....the round one...
simply grabbed her toy and bounced out to the kitchen
as if to say, 
"GOOD MORNING!"
She seemed delighted that I had come to play!
Really?
At 4:00  AM?

I didn't have the heart to put them back in their
crate because it is Sunday.
Sunday is crate day.
They are not in there all day but it can get kind of long.
And so I tried to catch a few more snoozes on the love seat.
Just for the record...
It is too short.

Then I moved to the recliner.
Dog on lap.

I give up.
I'm UP!

And so it is now 5:34
and both dogs are passed out in very deep sleep.

Isn't that just the way it goes sometimes?

It's o.k.
They are worth it.





2 comments:

Visits With Mary said...

My goodness, your story sounds like my house. I can't even tell you how many times this happens to me. But I love my little dogbabies, so I just put up with it!!

Buttercup said...

Dog snuggles are so worth it. Take care and have a great week!