Friday, March 28, 2014

The House is Buzzing....

Oh my, I do have my house working out this morning.  There is the sound of the dishwasher....chugging away in its sophisticated water saving mode, the washing machine is filled to the brim, our new water delivery system sits in a perfect spot beside the hutch but the compressor is whining at a high pitch that may render it unacceptable, the microwave is melting wax for more baby powder scented favors and the television is keeping me informed of the two huge searches happening in the world today.  Yes, there is a lot happening here today.

My brain is on happiness overload as I think of favor that my Heavenly Father lavished on me yesterday as I got to Change of Pace ladies study up in Lancaster.  It was a week in which the routine of our opening session was interrupted since we were sharing the church with another group.  This meant that we would do our opening music and announcements in the main sanctuary, rather than the smaller children's chapel that we normally use.  One thing to know is that this is the church our family visited weekly for many, many years for our homeschool co-op.  I love going back there because there are so many happy memories.  I loved co-op and the friendships formed there.  I also loved teaching history, music and leading "my" choirs.  Oh, I truly did.  It is the number one thing I miss about homeschooling.  Other than snuggling on the couch and reading great literature with my kids and all of the great discussions we used to share together....but outside of the home stuff....teaching music to children was my passion.

So, as we walked into the entrance area yesterday I mentioned to my friend, Jan, that we could avoid passing through the area being used by the other group if we would pass through the sanctuary and head out the other side to use the facilities before getting a bite of breakfast that looked so delicious on a nearby table.
She agreed and so we headed into the Sanctuary.  I thought I would just set my things down and proceed with my plan when one of the leaders of this study approached me and I told her how much it felt like coming home to walk into that room.  Oh, it did.  I was so happy to be there.  She invited me to sing with the song leaders that morning.  My first thought was to refuse.  It just seemed too good to be true.  After all, I hadn't practiced with them and would likely not know the songs they were about to sing.  She was willing to let me off the hook.  However, as I got closer to where I was planning to leave my things another lady approached me.  She leads at the other study I attend and I shared with her how much I had enjoyed the worship the day before.

At some point I found myself up on the stage and practicing with them.  It was kind of crazy and I somehow feel as if I invited myself, but not really?  Do you know what I mean?  Oh well, no matter what it was a total blessing and unintended on my part (as was evidenced by my appearance in old jeans and a sweater).   I never made it to the facilities or that delicious looking breakfast but that was just fine.  Oh!  And the music?  I knew every song....smile.

If I get to do it again I will rejoice.  If I never get to do it again, I am content.  For just that one day I was back on that familiar stage, praising God and singing with ladies who love Jesus.  On a day when things were different, inconvenient for the leadership in many ways, but orchestrated to be such a delightful gift to me.

I am truly blessed.  Thank you Jesus.

4 comments:

Vee said...

Glad that you had such a great time with your friends singing. It makes me smile and it makes me wish that I could hear you!

All that buzzing from your house sounds very cheery. Must get busy buzzing at mine.

Theresa said...

What a wonderful time you are having! Keep buzzing dear friend! HUGS!

bananaorangeapple said...

What a blessing!

G said...

Well - consider this an invite to join the South on Wed. mornings - just come early and practice with them!!!