Wednesday, April 9, 2014

PB&J Cream Cheese Cookies


Last week I got up early to make cookies for a baking contest in Warren's department.
Warren got up and basically dissed the cookies.  We don't agree on whether it was because there were so few finished when he saw them or that they were too dainty for a "shop party".
Nonetheless it was all a part of the master plan because I decided if he didn't want them there 
I would simply take them with me to my ladies study that very morning.

As I walked in the door a greeter met me and she exclaimed, 
"Oh good!  There hasn't been much brought for the food table!"

Ha! 
 Now that felt better. 
Even though I wasn't signed up to bring anything God knew that these would 
be appreciated.  I felt better yet when upon returning for my plate I found it 
completely empty.

The ladies enjoyed these dainty treats.
Much more than a shop full of men would have.

I adapted this recipe by adding two tablespoons of creamy peanut butter, 
rolling the dough into balls, making an imprint filled with jelly before baking,
and then adding a basic peanut butter glaze.


3 comments:

Vee said...

Unthinkable! A man dissed cookies?! I have never heard of such a thing! LOL

Glad that the ladies enjoyed them and they do look delicious.

Theresa said...

They look mighty yummy to me:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Buttercup said...

I doubt if I would dis these cookies, or any of your baking. They look yummy and I am a peanut butter and jelly fan.