Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Christmas Tea


 Last evening was our annual Ladies Christmas Tea.
It was the first year that I was not involved in the planning.
Granted, my friend Mrs. Rabe, has always been the 
planner, decorator and hostess of this tea
but I was her trusty sidekick.

With the coming of more people to our congregation 
there are more people to share their gifts 
and our new friend, Amy, joined 
Deanna in the planning and presentation this year.
They did a wonderful job!

As someone who has been involved in just about 
everything that has happened at
Sonrise Christian Fellowship for the past 
twelve years it is amazing and wonderful 
to see this taking place.

Kind of like watching your child grow up 
and leave the nest successfully.


The decor was gorgeous as usual.
Georgia brought poinsettias 
which were put to very good use 
in the table decor.

Deanna and Amy brought lamps to 
warm the room.
No harsh overhead lighting.

New this year was something that needs to become tradition.
Young men served us.
And they cleaned up.
Yes, that includes washing all of the dishes.
 
 Anthony offers us an amazing tray of pastries.

After the food was served
we played a game 
involving 
ornaments.

I'm sure you've played that game
where you choose a gift and then the next 
person gets to take it or choose their own?
Well, we did it with unwrapped ornaments.
I'm not sure if Laura got to keep this one
or if it was "stolen".

In the background you can see Laura's oldest 
brother pouring water.
He has been a huge help to me this year
during my busy season as he has started 
playing the piano for worship
every other week.

He seems to love it
and does well.

I don't think I want him give me the boot
completely but it is soooo nice to 
get to be freed up for more opportunities to 
sing (I'm not so good at singing while playing)
 and to chat with my friends.
I find myself more involved with the other 
ladies now that I'm not 
"tied" to the piano.
I didn't realize how much of a difference 
it made.
But it does and I am enjoying 
the freedom.
 

This was a simply delightful evening.
Good times with family and friends.
Good eats.
Excellent mint tea was my tea of choice.

We kept those guys hopping!
That was fun!!

9 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

It was fun!

With you being so busy with your candles, I was delighted to take advantage of Amy's organizational skills to keep me on track! She loved being able to give to the church ladies in this way, too.

The guys did a great job, the clean up was unexpected and such a blessing to me!

Deanna

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! Glad you were able to hand off the extra duties and enjoy yourself Becky.Love that the youth served and cleaned.

PJ @ Planned in Pencil said...

I always enjoy this post. Your ladies tea is such a wobderful holiday tradition.

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear that you had a beautiful evening! Everything looks great and it sounds like you have a magnificent church family. I agree that it is always nice to see people grow and step into different aspects of ministry!

Smiles from Idaho,
Karen

SmilingSally said...

It sounds like a fun time, Becky. I always hear about these things, but never have gone to one. Perhaps next time . . .

Elena said...

Your tea sounded so wonderful and I just loved your pictures. So pretty!

Theresa said...

Oh what a wonderful evening:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Melissa G said...

What a nice tradition. That's neat that the guys helped serve and clean up.

JD/ Jill said...

Looks like everyone had a wonderful evening...thanks for sharing your wonderful pics...