Monday, December 31, 2012

In Which the New Week and New Year Come Together

When I grow up
I want to do all kinds of things.
One of these things could involve being
a published author.
Maybe.
 
But if I ever do that
I would want to do something classic.
Something whimsical and uplifting.
I don't think I want to write a memoir
or anything heavy like that.
 
Perhaps a children's book
or
a humerous devotional.
 
Laughter and God's Word could
be just the perfect way to begin a day,
don't you think?
 
Anyway.....
I don't really know what got me started
on that tangent other than the title
I wrote for this post which made me
think of A.A. Milne and Winnie the Pooh.
 
Don't be dismayed if you didn't follow that.
It's early here and I'm still working out the cobwebs of
my sleepy brain.
 
I think I may be suffering from hyper awareness of this
New Year and all of the possibilities it holds.
We have been "not" talking about the future of
the candle business here.
I bring it up....
he says "not yet".
But I get little snippets of his thoughts
in the process.
So.....it seems we take it a day at a time while
we consider the entire world's possibilities
for my life.
Not the least of these being about six months worth of
cleaning, painting, and organization within
the sphere I call my home.
 
I kind of like that the New Year Celebrations
and our Monday coincide.  
This being New Year's Eve
allows for some business to be completed and then
a Holiday again.
Awe.some!
 
2013 is the year that is scheduled to see our
Chelsea off to her big Australian adventure.
 
We were practicing Skype yesterday.
The wonders of technology.
Thank you, Lord!
 
I don't know what 2013 will hold for us.
That's probably good.
But, I do know the ONE who knows.
And He is able beyond anything we could
dream or imagine.
 
So....we begin this New Year with
joy and excitement about all that is to come.
Knowing that it will pass very quickly
and that these days one needs to live
quite intentionally to
appreciate it.
 
Here goes..........
 
Anything you care to share
about your New Years thoughts or plans?
 
 
 


5 comments:

PJ @ Planned in Pencil said...

Im going to just.continue to work towards living the life God has planned for me. Whatever that might be! Happy New Year!

Theresa said...

No big plans here for the evening! I am looking forward to the New Year and what it holds for all of us! Have a blessed day dear friend, BIG HUGS!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Big plans for tonight.

Our intention is to get our online store to take off. Need to devote time to that!

Can't wait to hear what you decide about the candle business...at times it seems as if it is going forward, then other times....

See you later, gator!

Deanna

Vee said...

Sometimes it is very challenging to know the direction to take. That is why it is a great blessing to be able to toss it to the Lord and let Him handle it. I think you and your Beloved are listening for His voice.

Oh the exciting things that will happen in this new year not the least of which is Chelsea's journey to the far sides of the earth. (I have heard that it is very civilized there. ☺ )

Yes, you could certainly write a book for children. I saw such love and pure joy in your working with them at the Christmas Concert. I'm sure that you have an inside track.;>

No plans, no big epiphanies for me. We're keeping things simple even as we wait to hear from the Lord, too.

SmilingSally said...

Hi Becky,

I have long since stopped making New Year's plans. I just put one foot in front of the other and try to follow Christ.


Happy New Year!