Monday, December 10, 2012

Exciting Announcement!



Although it is not quite ready to debut 
I just have to share my excitement.

I've been working with a soap maker
for the past few months
developing 
awe.some!
Hand Crafted soaps!


Husband and wife team, 
John and Bonnie 
have been making soap for their own 
family's use for a while
but were agreeable to work with me
to come up with a couple to 
match a couple of my most 
popular candle scents.

I've tested this soap
and let me tell you...
as someone who was not a fan of 
handmade soaps
I have been converted.

These lather beautifully,
leave your skin soft and happy.

The fragrances come out 
light and lovely.....
that lye smell that I really dislike is 
nearly nonexistent in the bar shown here.
It is the Citrus Infusion.
I'm so in love!!

We have a lot of details to work out
but I had to tell my best bloggy buds 
about this fun development.

Which of my candle scents would you most
like to see in soap?

For now we have perfected
French Lavender and Citrus Infusion.

8 comments:

Theresa said...

SO excited for you:) I bet that Citrus Infusion is AWESOME! Have a blessed day, hugs!

Vee said...

As I was coming over having read the title, I thought to myself: It better be, Missy. You've been gone soooo long! And it is...I am one who adores all the hand made soap I've ever tried. My favorite has been a kitchen soap made with coffee grounds for extra dirty hands. I think an apple scented soap would be lovely to match one of my favorite fragrances of yours or even a balsam soap at Christmas time.

PJ @ Planned in Pencil said...

How fun! What a great paring candles and soap!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

It's been fun to watch the process!

Karen said...

Would it be wrong to smell like cappuccino or hot chocolate after washing my hands? I think not.

Then again, it might be fattening to have soap that smells good enough to eat. Might make me hungry every time I used it...

Citrus sounds like a great choice-different from many other handmade soap fragrances, but fresh and clean. I'm sure you're on the right track.

Clarence buys handmade soap in FL every time we visit the flea market. It's a gardener's soap and he really likes the way it works. It smells nice to me, but isn't too girly for him. No idea what to call the fragrance, tho.

Does this indicate you are expanding your business, rather than thinking of shutting it down? I'm planning to pass on our extra fundraiser flyers on to another quiz coach who was asking me about it at quiz Saturday. That ok?

Elena said...

Wow, that is really cool. I have been having fun following your Etsy shop and getting ideas on what teams to join:)

Vickie said...

Becky - I'm jealous - I've been wanting to do that, too - make soap! Congratulations on your new venture! Both these scents sound wonderful to me -- my husband likes a good scrubby oatmeal soap for his itchy skin. Got any of those done yet? BEST BEST BEST of luck with your soaps! Let us know when you get them on the market!

sherry said...

for me, the less scent the better (asthma). so either unscented or very light scent. this is indeed exciting!