Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Fun at Longwood Gardens





Chelsea and Johnny call me 
their Paparazzi.

They invite me to come along to the gardens
because they know I will gladly shoot photo after photo.

 In search of a new Facebook Profile picture Chelsea loved this cheery spot.
It worked quite nicely.


Every time we try to take photos they end up making
silly faces and giggles.


Chelsea took this one.
Cute, huh?

We were happy to see the roses in full bloom.
What a special thing to look forward to each year.


They may look comfy and cool
but it was pretty hot and humid in the sun.


Apparently I am quite funny in trying to coax
genuine smiles.

Flowers, real flowers.
This is a garden after all.
I am very much entranced by the ever changing
beauty in this place.






And then came lunch.
Johnny chose well.

 Chelsea took the camera to work on a new 
Facebook profile pic for Johnny.





 The winner.


I love, love, love the veggie garden.
Just look at this lettuce.
Doesn't it just make you happy?

 In the middle of the veggie garden is this
 adorable little
"cottage".

Johnny found it as charming as I do.
I just knew he had good taste.

 Chelsea discovers the fun.


 Wishing for some iced coffee, I imagine.

 Then Chelsea spotted this interesting flower and 
took the camera from me once again. 




 When it comes to personality types
Johnny and I are very much alike.
Chelsea and Warren are very similar.
And so, Johnny and I have a blast together.
We both love to tease and laugh.
 I wanted a couple of photos to remember this craziness.
These aren't the craziest but a couple that Chelsea took.
 Then we forgot we were posing and Chelsea snuck behind us
and snapped this.

 Up next mother and daughter as shot by Johnny.




 We are so blessed to call this girl daughter.
She is seeking God's will for the next phase of her life.
Is it Culinary School?
Continuation of her job and working with local refugees from Burma?
Something she doesn't even know about yet?
All she wants to know is what it will be.
So, prayers are so welcome!

 I got the camera back.  
Ha.




 This will make  more sense in just a moment.
 Matching Roses photos.
My goodness, these two are fun.
Hope you enjoyed this photo journal of our day.

And now....
keeping it low key I am whispering.
Today is Warren's 50th birthday.

Happy Birthday to my awesome husband.
I love you to pieces.

God truly blessed me when He gave me you.

5 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Happy birthday Warren!

Now I need to get to Longwood again!

Deanna

Karen said...

Happy Birthday, Warren! Wishing you at least 50 more!


You got such great photos, as always. What a beautiful place!

Vee said...

Happy Birthday to Mr. Hospitality Lane! I always love seeing photos from this place. The FB pics came out great!

Theresa said...

Happy Birthday Warren! I want to go to Longwood Gardens someday! I love all of the pictures, so many smiles:) Enjoy your week dear friend, HUGS!

JD/ Jill said...

Happy Belated birthday, Warren! Great pictures...we must find time to get to the gardens we have not been there since Christmas...