Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Why Fast Food Had Better Watch Out!

Others who had my "bug" that was neither a cold nor the flu had said it lasts about ten days.  They were right.  And so I was not yet fully back to myself last week for teaching music but at least I was able to actually teach rather than show videos like the previous week.  It was during that class with the second and third graders that I got such a good laugh.  And it has come back to bring a smile many times since.

With a throat that needed support I had brought my unsweetened tea into class which was prominently marked with a big yellow M.  The kids had been told during the pre-class opening to take it easy on me that day since I wasn't feeling well and so it was on their minds.

When one of them proclaimed loudly....You have been to  (Insert name of Ronald's place here)!!
They all began to add their two cents.  All of a sudden one voice rose above all of the rest.  "NO WONDER YOU ARE SICK if you are eating there!" .  There was a chorus of agreement among the little bodies.

Hilarious!!

I wonder if it is just homeschoolers who are getting the message about eating healthier or if those fast food places are "going down" in this next generation.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

2nd - 3rd graders are my favorite elementary ages. They are still young enough that they actually listen to the teacher but old enough to be able to do an activity and they do and say stuff like that. What fun...

Vee said...

Oh my! I do hope not. Yesterday we had lunch at a fast food place (our monthly splurge). It is comfort food for us. LOL! Though I am glad that children know that it should not be anything more than an occasional meal. Hope that you are feeling better every day.

Theresa said...

Oh that's funny:) Enjoy your day, hope you are totally on the mend! HUGS!

Tanza said...

Hi Sweet Becky girl,
Sooo happy to read that you are feeling better !! And, yes, out of the mouths of babes ..... learning so much younger to be a bit health conscious in this crazy, busy, wild world we live in ..... but, have to share I LOVE and do buy regularly there coffee drinks ..... much cheaper and sooo easy to get through the line ..... my STARBUCKS is the best but, they are ALWAYS soooo much busier ......
Hoping you are doing well, getting ready for the holidays ... yikes ... times a flyin' !!
Was sooo wonderful to catch up and see beautiful you in person !! That is always a treat .... think of you everyday as I am inhaling hahaha ..... my beautiful yummy smelling candles !!! You are so generous, and KNOW how to do candles !!! My most favorite ever are BECKY candles .....
Well my friend, off and running to do my errands, just wanted to pop in and say hello !!! Have a wonderfully blessed day, and so thrilled and honored to count you as my friend xoxo
Love you girlie ~Tanza~ :) :)

sherry said...

poor thing .. you. and how funny those littles are, hm? out of the mouths of babes. :)

Handiworkin' Girls said...

Thank you for the laugh! :) Hope you are completely mended soon, Becky.